Dark Card Triggers from the FAQ

By Sinuouser, in Android

Hey!

Was reading the FAQ, and these two questions/answers got me confused, can someone please tell me what I missed? happy.gif

Q: Can dark cards be played on a player when it
isn’t his turn?
A: Not normally, no. It is particularly important
to remember that you cannot play dark cards
in response to events moving detectives, adding
evidence, etc.

Q: If you play a card on someone when they
move to a location that then moves them to a
different location, and the new location is seedy
/ ritzy, do they get to draw the appropriate dark /
light card? And when they do move there, is that
a new trigger for someone playing another dark
card on them?
A: Yes, they draw the appropriate card. Yes, that
is a new trigger

If I'm reading the first answer correctly, it states that moving a character through an event moving a detective, that isn't a trigger for playing a new dark card, but in the answer to the next question, it's stated that it *is* a trigger?

Thanks in advance! gran_risa.gif

/Rickard

It seems as though you're refering to two different things. One refers to movement during the target's turn, the other to movement outside of his turn. So there are rarely cards that will be able to affect a target outside of their turn. However, if someone plays a card that moves a target during their own turn, not only can they potentially reap the benefits of that move (drawing Twilight cards, etc), they can potentially suffer the risks, as well. However, also keep in mind that one move/action can only trigger one Dark card--so you couldn't have multiple cards in response to a move, but you could have one triggered off of the move of another. As long as it's the detective's turn, or it's a card that specifically says it can be played when it's not their turn.

bcwMD said:

It seems as though you're refering to two different things. One refers to movement during the target's turn, the other to movement outside of his turn. So there are rarely cards that will be able to affect a target outside of their turn. However, if someone plays a card that moves a target during their own turn, not only can they potentially reap the benefits of that move (drawing Twilight cards, etc), they can potentially suffer the risks, as well. However, also keep in mind that one move/action can only trigger one Dark card--so you couldn't have multiple cards in response to a move, but you could have one triggered off of the move of another. As long as it's the detective's turn, or it's a card that specifically says it can be played when it's not their turn.

Hm. Yeah I guess what got me confused is that I somehow didn't connect the "events moving detectives" part to that it has to be out of his turn already (as implied by the question)

It makes sense now :)

Thankee!