The Errata and Character sheet

By Durandal7, in Black Crusade

I was reading through the errata - as one does - and noticed there were updates to the character sheet. I though Aha! They'll have been cunning and updated the character sheet int he support section, it would be the height of foolishness not to! And lo! I was suprised to see that they had...infact...done no such thing.

Why not? This seems a trivial feat to accomplish and having out of date character sheets is an utterly amateurish mistake to make . Given we pay ~£30 per book, it'd be nice to have access to a character sheet that was actually correct instead of constantly having to update it ourselves. Which is difficult for the Space Marine organ alterations.

I know this is several years out of date, but it just strikes me as astoundingly odd considering there's a book coming out in the very near future.

FFG have never been good at fixing the obvious errors. Just use a fan made sheet.

Got any to hand?

When it comes to erratas and updating material, FFG is beyond amateurish. Look at the Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader erratas, for example.

I think that one of them is from, like, 2009 or something, and at least 5 books out of date.

I think that one of them is from, like, 2009 or something, and at least 5 books out of date.

That'd be the the DH one.

Although I have to ask, what is wrong with the Black Crusade sheet, other than the Space Marine implants?

Also, I must add to this that I hate the fact that there's not two different sheets for humans and space marines. If you're running an all-human game, that **** takes up way too much space.

I find it particularly galling since they do semi-public beta's for things but still miss stuff that's flagged.

Two character sheets would indeed be helpful considering all the stuff that humans don't have.

I just find it aggravating that they can make these fantastic looking books, but a year after release they're actually quite difficult to use because they didn't proof read properly and I can only assume their in-house testers are...well shall we say lacking.

Hell, I'll volunteer to proof read their WH40K stuff for free just to save trouble later on down the line.

What they used to have, though, was a really great section where you could send Rules Questions in. Most of these answers never ever made it into the Errata, though - strangely.

These days, you never get a response from them, though. Used to work great. Now, not so much.

What they used to have, though, was a really great section where you could send Rules Questions in. Most of these answers never ever made it into the Errata, though - strangely.

Actually, this is pretty problematic in itself, when it would (should?) have been so relatively low-effort to add question-and-answer to the errata document,saving time and effort compared to answering the (nearly) same questions again and again.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. They should've been collecting the answers and then submitted them to the Errata, or an online database, or something.

That would require someone who paid enough attention to the gameline to be aware of it. FFG works by hiring freelancers to work on one product, so it's not like there's someone who's the caretaker of the line as a whole, hence why the books are relatively unpolished and don't interact with each other too well.

That would require someone who paid enough attention to the gameline to be aware of it. FFG works by hiring freelancers to work on one product, so it's not like there's someone who's the caretaker of the line as a whole, hence why the books are relatively unpolished and don't interact with each other too well.

Honestly, I have no idea how they work, but they must have some kind of project lead in charge of each product, as well as some kind of contact person for each line. After all, they used to have a pretty well-functioning "rules questions" section, in which you could send questions to them and have them answer by mail.

Granted, I don't think they actually have someone in charge of the overall WH40k line.

They really should have a few people dedicated to just WH40k with the objective of keeping **** like this going.