Are some expansions hard to find?

By DrHeims, in CoC General Discussion

Let me preface by saying that I'm living in Japan, so maybe you guys don't have this problem.

I just started playing this game (and I'm loving it). I bought the core set (English) and just ordered the Secrets of Arkham (English) and I would really like to get the Order of the Silver Twilight too (English), but I can't find that expansion anywhere. All the places I usually buy my English games from don't have the Silver Twilight expansion. Was it released in limited quantities (so that maybe it didn't make it overseas) or is it discontinued?

I also can't find The Shifting Sands, and I heard that's the one that has the tournament story cards in it. All the other expansions are easy to find.

(I really want to introduce this game to my Japanese friends too, but the Japanese version core set is also sold out everywhere, but that's not really related to my post.)

Edited by DrHeims

You're not alone. There is often quite a delay between the time an expansion is sold out and when it is reprinted. This is because FFG (understandably) gives preference to more recent / better selling games when it comes to placing orders at the printers.

Some expansions are hard to find - notably the Dreamlands cycle which has been out of print for some time, and recently the Summons of the Deep cycle appears to have sold out too. However both The Order of the Silver Twilight deluxe expansion and The Shifting Sands chapter pack are listed as in-stock with Fantasy Flight Games, so you shouldn't have any trouble getting them.

For reference, you can also keep an eye on FFG's Upcoming page for an indicator of when to expect reprints (although those dates are known to change - particularly for the Dreamlands reprint dates, which have slipped several times now).

I guess if I REALLY wanted them I could buy them from FFG, but the shipping to my area is killer. It's basically the same price as the product itself. I'll hold off and hope my regular dealers are able to get some stock.

Edited by DrHeims

Maybe hard to find, but only temporarily until a restock happens I think.