Digital Copy of the BB Adventure? (or alternate options)

By Big Damn Hero, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Operation: Shadowpoint is great and all, but due to a mixup at my FLGS I'm not going to get my copy of the BB until Monday (and I'm not desperate enough to cancel my order and get it myself, the FLGS has enough problems as-is). The problem is that I was planning on running it for some friends who are new to the FFG games on that day, and I had hoped I'd get a chance to look at the adventure ahead of time.

For those who have it, do you think it'll require more than a single, quick look-through to get ready? Or should I just launch into Operation: Shadowpoint and skip the BB adventure? They are D20 veterans, so it's not like I'm introducing the group to RPGs for the very first time.

Wait for the BB.

The BB adventure Chains directly into Shadowpoint...

In BB you take base.. in SP you defend base.

Edited by Atraangelis

Wait for the BB.

The BB adventure Chains directly into Shadowpoint...

In BB you take base.. in SP you defend base.

Okay, so the BB adventure is simple enough that I can read through it and prep in roughly a hour? Because that's how much time I'll have between picking it up and running it.

Um , no..

ITs an involved mission.. And playing ShadowPoint First simply wont make sence...

You'll be fine just glancing through it. If you've done EotE's beginner Game, you'll know what you're in for. It's very new GM friendly, essentially engineered so that you aren't too slowed down if you are reading it the first time while you're going through the adventure; and as long as your friends have some patience for you to stop and glance through some things, you'll be fine.

Okay, so the BB adventure is simple enough that I can read through it and prep in roughly a hour? Because that's how much time I'll have between picking it up and running it.

Absolutely. It almost seems designed to be read for the first time as it's being run.

You'll be fine just glancing through it. If you've done EotE's beginner Game, you'll know what you're in for. It's very new GM friendly, essentially engineered so that you aren't too slowed down if you are reading it the first time while you're going through the adventure; and as long as your friends have some patience for you to stop and glance through some things, you'll be fine.

Absolutely. It almost seems designed to be read for the first time as it's being run.

Okay, cool. That's good news. I've given both options to my group, now I just have to hope that they'll pick Age of Rebellion .