S and V Capture Deck - what am I doing wrong?

By sutekh22, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

Feel like this should work better. It's not so far. Do I need 2 of the transfer objective, and if so what goes?

Transdoshan Terror x2

Jabba's Reach

The Findsman's Intuition x2

The Tatooine Crash

Jabba's Orders

Hunt Them Down

Lucrative Contract

The Bespin Exchange

Unfortunately it is too random. Decks work best when there is more consistent. Try taking out hunt them down, lucrative contract and jabba's orders Add a second Besbin Exchange, a second Tatooine crash and second Jabbas reach. It might work a little better for you, because you will have a better chance at drawing the cards that you need in order to set up some card combos.

Don't focus on capture. That is a lot of people's issue when they first start to experiment with Scum. I made the same mistake last year when I started developing Flippin' Scum deck.

Try this:

Zuckuss x2

Tat Crash x2

Slave I x2

Greedo x2

Jabba's Orders

mercenary report

I captured 16 cards during our last season one tourney last weekend. And actually won. Which brought up the idea that FFG should let there be a different win condition for the S & V decks. Why do they care about moving the Death Star dial? They capture cards for bounty.

Anyways, this deck captures crap, hold them decently and tactics units. Solo kills it bad and so does luke, so just hold that Capture card when you can (and hope 3PO is not out) and grab them.

Try this:

Zuckuss x2

Tat Crash x2

Slave I x2

Greedo x2

Jabba's Orders

mercenary report

I captured 16 cards during our last season one tourney last weekend. And actually won. Which brought up the idea that FFG should let there be a different win condition for the S & V decks. Why do they care about moving the Death Star dial? They capture cards for bounty.

Anyways, this deck captures crap, hold them decently and tactics units. Solo kills it bad and so does luke, so just hold that Capture card when you can (and hope 3PO is not out) and grab them.

A deck I am working with right now is. 2xVaders Fish, 2x Mara, 2x Slave I, 2x Trandoshan, 2x Findsmen. It uses capture to its advantage, but it also controls and provides mid-game Blast damge.

A deck I am working with right now is. 2xVaders Fish, 2x Mara, 2x Slave I, 2x Trandoshan, 2x Findsmen. It uses capture to its advantage, but it also controls and provides mid-game Blast damge.

Vader's ... Fish? :lol: I know that was probably just a typo, but the image it conjures is way too funny for me to to not comment on!

It is both a frightening and fun image. :P

I have had some decent success with my Scum deck but it is not really 100% all about capture. I have found that Scum really shines when you use Tactics Icons to Exhaust Units and maybe every once in a while blow up an Objective. While the Capture mechanic can be really useful it is not 100% always going to happen the way you want it to. In response to the "Unblockables", Units like Sleuth Scouts and Blockade Runners, I have altered my deck towards having more low cost Units to defend with.

Deck Composition:

2x Jabba's Reach

2x The Tatooine Crash

2x The Trandoshan Terror

1x Jabba's Orders

1x Feeding the Pit

1x The Bespin Exchange

1x Hive of Scum and Villainy

While I must state there is a lack of Blast Damage in this deck, I must also mention that Scum and Villainy is not really an overly aggressive Affiliation. I actually tend to play them similar to Sith Control type decks. Build up a wall of Units, defend, only strike when it is most convenient, and while my opponent is doing things, mess with them. There is still a decent amount of Capture effects within this deck to prove useful.