Changes to make the game better

By doomande, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

I do know that this properly should have been posted in the house rule part of the forum, but this is a question to other GMs, so it is fitting to ask here as well.

So as the title says, what changes and houserules are your group playing with to make the game a better experience?

My own group have not made so many changes, yet. The only major thing that we are doing are playing with secret insanity and corruption, me the GM being the only one that knows about those stats. We did all agree on it since it made things more interesting, and it sure have.

Only house rules affected the new Sister of Battle, and one that granted lasguns automatic fire (which was used only once in 3 years)

the rest is straight up RAW

Well, in the upcoming campaign I'll be...

1. Adding a (hopefully simple enough) system so weapons of different length will have different strengths

2. Revising the way Fate-Point burning and deadly critical hits work

3. Possibly change the way Medicae works

4. Maybe play around with to-hit modifiers for Full/Semi/Standard Salvoes

5. Likely change the way Dodge works in Melee

1. Adding a (hopefully simple enough) system so weapons of different length will have different strengths

Wait what? How is there any logic to that? So a bigger weapon in size would deal more damage from that alone? Or do you mean length as in range?

Wait what? How is there any logic to that? So a bigger weapon in size would deal more damage from that alone? Or do you mean length as in range?

Yep... basically it has the Idea of the Opponent with the shorter weapon having to fight his way toward his enemy, through his defense with a longer weapon... that kind of stuff.

We're using a pretty extensive set of house rules, most of which are simply imported changes from the later 40K gamelines.(Black Crusade / Only War mostly).

They can all be found in my sig.

i've worked fairly simple torture house rules to give it a method, as a seperate thing from the Interrogation skill. I actually have quite a few houses rules, but that one is one im very happy with how it works out.

We're using a pretty extensive set of house rules, most of which are simply imported changes from the later 40K gamelines.(Black Crusade / Only War mostly).

Woah! That's no house rules, it's a complete corebook!

Glancing over it and most things are what we have been doing in our Rogue Trader Group, though not explicitly written down... Guess I'll do a big "start writing down the houserules"-day... and since I'm lazy, I'll be liberally copying from you ;)