So who has it, Tell us!

By Atraangelis, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Got mine Friday in Muskoka, Ontario, Canada.

One of the better changes I see immediately is the inclusion of two additional tokens which represent the additional PCs from the support page. It was a mild inconvenience finding similar tokens for Mathus and Sasha in the EotE BB. Happy to see FFG addressed the issue.

Everything else is as expected, now what is this easter egg some folks are referring to?

Picked up mine last week sometime. Planning on using it for Free RPG day.

Got mine Friday in Muskoka, Ontario, Canada.

One of the better changes I see immediately is the inclusion of two additional tokens which represent the additional PCs from the support page. It was a mild inconvenience finding similar tokens for Mathus and Sasha in the EotE BB. Happy to see FFG addressed the issue.

Everything else is as expected, now what is this easter egg some folks are referring to?

Yet they didn't include one for the droid, and included a few tokens for what appears to be native jungle residents.

Texas is a big place :P I was able to find one here in Lubbock thankfully.

The Beginner Game was received last Friday. My supplier even threw in an extra set of dice at no charge. Overall, I like it a great deal. One of the potential problems I noted at the outset upon reading the first encounter is that if I know my players, they will definitely attempt to break into the AT-STs and take the base over by overt force.

Any thoughts as to how to mitigate against this risk?

Texas is a big place :P I was able to find one here in Lubbock thankfully.

The Beginner Game was received last Friday. My supplier even threw in an extra set of dice at no charge. Overall, I like it a great deal. One of the potential problems I noted at the outset upon reading the first encounter is that if I know my players, they will definitely attempt to break into the AT-STs and take the base over by overt force.

Well. I doubt the AT-ST's would be able to fit into the tight corridors of the base, and certainly they can shoot at base, but by the time they do any meaningful damage to the structure itself, the imperials inside probably would have called for backup, or otherwise got inside the shuttle and attacked the walkers. Remind the players that their mission is to take over the base so the rebels can use it as a staging point on Onderon (as well as procure the SigInt array). If the imperials catch wind that the base is compromised, the mission is effectively blown.

The main deterrent should be presented through the parameters of the mission.

As kaosoe said, the way to prevent this is simply the mission requirements. While they can surely blast the base with the walkers the mission is not to destroy the base, the mission is to take over the base so it can be used by the party/rebellion. Doing enough damage to wipe out the defenders would effectively destroy the base. Remember the imperials inside the base have no reason to walk out and get shot by the walkers, their best tactic is to stay inside where they are protected by the walls of the base and call for help. Remember the imperial bikes are not far away and could attack the walkers. Also, the commander would have a good chance to escape in the shuttle, which would also cause the mission to fail. If they want to blow up the base, let them, but they will fail the mission goals and will get a reprimand from the rebel higher-ups rather than a reward.

Edited by BillW

Great points. Many thanks to you both.

Just got it today. Hooha!

So I decided to run it for my group on Sunday (May The Fourth...). Spoilers to follow:

After cutting the communications cable and killing the response team, they opted to sneak their way into the base until they got to the shuttle bay. Upon arrival at the launch pad, they hijacked the shuttle and used it to blast through the cliff wall and destroy the base's command center. (They rolled really well, so why not?) Despite a significant number of officers and support staff being killed, the captain in charge of the base escaped through the secret passage to a previously ignored AT-ST in the garage.

They intercepted him with the shuttle before he was able to get far, destroyed the AT-ST, and killed him as he attempted to run back towards the base by landing the shuttle on him. (They're a bloodthirsty lot.)

At that point, they simply demanded that the rest of the base personnel surrender. The player making the demands rolled very well, (with a boost die for their superior position) and all of the survivors left the base, unarmed, and with their hands above their heads.

The players then opened fire with the Lambda's laser canons...

I suppose it's a good thing that I was running it as a one-off to introduce them to the system, because trying to run Operation Shadowpoint after the way they played the first session would be... problematic for them, to say the least.

Edit: Formatting.

Edited by Yoshiyahu