Carnival

By Dam the Man, in Talisman Rules Questions

So this happened in today's game. Minstrel had 2 Talismans, but wasn't boosted enough to go for the Crown. Dark Cultist was, but had no Talismans. Both are on the Middle Region. Carnival is also there. DC moves to Carnival (in the Desert, so lost a life, but not the point), rolled a 5. As Carnival is basically a moving Tavern, that means teleport next turn. Minstrel, being the girly-man he is, runs back down to the Outer Region. Then on DC's turn, I read the Tavern's text:

"A wizard offers to teleport you to an Outer Region space of your choice as your next move."

I've always just gone with the assumption that the teleport was to the same region you're currently in. Probably since Tavern couldn't appear on the Middle Region gui%C3%B1o.gif . Regular posters know I'm using the BI board, but I haven't heard any mention of the Tavern being reworded anywhere. Is the wording the same in the FFG version?

Q: Does the roll of 5 at Carnival offer you a teleport to any space on the Outer Region or to any space in your current region?

It would seem kinda odd to get a cross-region teleport at one location, but not at the other. Of course, it's an option the teleport, you can still move normally if you wish. Probably the Carnival wasn't taken into account IF the FFG board has the same wording. If the wording's been changed, let me know, could/would make the whole issue null.

Dam said:

So this happened in today's game. Minstrel had 2 Talismans, but wasn't boosted enough to go for the Crown. Dark Cultist was, but had no Talismans. Both are on the Middle Region. Carnival is also there. DC moves to Carnival (in the Desert, so lost a life, but not the point), rolled a 5. As Carnival is basically a moving Tavern, that means teleport next turn. Minstrel, being the girly-man he is, runs back down to the Outer Region. Then on DC's turn, I read the Tavern's text:

"A wizard offers to teleport you to an Outer Region space of your choice as your next move."

I've always just gone with the assumption that the teleport was to the same region you're currently in. Probably since Tavern couldn't appear on the Middle Region gui%C3%B1o.gif . Regular posters know I'm using the BI board, but I haven't heard any mention of the Tavern being reworded anywhere. Is the wording the same in the FFG version?

Q: Does the roll of 5 at Carnival offer you a teleport to any space on the Outer Region or to any space in your current region?

It would seem kinda odd to get a cross-region teleport at one location, but not at the other. Of course, it's an option the teleport, you can still move normally if you wish. Probably the Carnival wasn't taken into account IF the FFG board has the same wording. If the wording's been changed, let me know, could/would make the whole issue null.

The revised Tavern says something else.

It says:

A wizard offers to teleport you to any other space in this region as your next move. gui%C3%B1o.gif

5) A wizard offers to teleport you to any other space in this Region as your next move.

EDIT: And Velhart was first...

Cheers!

Odd that it got no mention though. No biggie, looks like my gut interpretation proved (once again lengua.gif ) correct.

Dam said:

Cheers!

Odd that it got no mention though. No biggie, looks like my gut interpretation proved (once again lengua.gif ) correct.

Dam(ned) Dam!!!! you are always correct, you are the Sage! Overpowered, let's nerf him!