Order of strategy cards in a 3-player game

By crazyjohnsmith, in Warhammer: Diskwars

Question is simple (based on true events)

Player 1 (initiative 1) plays BOLD strategy

Player 2 (initiative 2) plays STEADY strategy

Player 3 (initiative 3) plays DEVIOUS strategy

http://m.freeware.info.pl/moonstars.html

Who goes first ?

[ In my game we resolved it stating that guy with highest initative goes first (Player 1) and than following the strategy keyword Player 2 and Player 3 last - is that correct? ]

Edited by crazyjohnsmith

Rules say (p.17) it is like comparing player two and threes cards with player one (who has the initiative).

The player who is taking actions before bold (player 3/devious) would go first, followed by player one (bold) and completed by the last player (player 2/steady).

Edited by Ser Folly

It's page 15 but you are correct I missed that in the rulebook. Thanks

It's page 15 but you are correct I missed that in the rulebook. Thanks

I looked it up in the pdf as I don't have my rules at hand. And it seems like the file counts the cover as well.

I find that point difficult as well. Still don't get what happens in a game of four players if first player is slow and three others are like you described above.

To my mind the first player goes last and the second one becomes 'the first' for the purpose of deciding the card order.

Hope that makes sense...

To my mind the first player goes last and the second one becomes 'the first' for the purpose of deciding the card order.

Hope that makes sense...

It does and I'd tend to do it just so but the rules are somewhat confusing on this point.

The loop is dealt with in the Reference section, under command cards.

• In a four player game, a command card loop can occur when three
players play bold, devious, and steady commands and the first player
plays a slow command. If a command card loop is created, players
resolve all but the slow command in initiative order first, treating the
loop as if it is a tie. Then the first player resolves the slow command.

If a command card loop is created, players
loop as if it is a tie.

Well perhaps it is because of me being German but what does 'in initiative order' mean? In OPs Example player 2 before player 3 and so on?

'As if it is a tie' sounds like the solution johnsmith proposed, but I find that a bit confusing...

Edited by Ser Folly

If a command card loop is created, players
loop as if it is a tie.

Well perhaps it is because of me being German but what does 'in initiative order' mean? In OPs Example player 2 before player 3 and so on?

'As if it is a tie' sounds like the solution johnsmith proposed, but I find that a bit confusing...

This is a little different. You're resolving in initiative order (except for player 1 who chose the slow card) which means the person with the '2' hammer goes first, the person with the '3' goes second, and the person with the '4' goes third, regardless of what strategy their cards show. And, finally, player 1 with his slow card goes last.

If I understood correctly, what Johnsmith proposed is that you just treat player '2' as being player '1' for that loop, which would mean he would most likely go second. (In fact, I think that would mean he always went second.) The rule here is that you treat everyone as if they had tied, or thrown down the same type of card, say bold for instance, instead of looking at how they should line up in comparison to any other card.

My guess is that this is done because the first player gets some serious advantages by having initiative, and the last player gets some serious advantages by being able to select the scenario, place the first piece of terrain, and select the first deployment card, whereas the middle player(s) receive very few benefits.