Karak and his ability

By de99ial, in Mutant Chronicles

Hi. Im new here. Its my first post so as an introduction a say few words about me.

Player from Poland. PL edition is provided by Galakta Publishing and im gratefull for that. When i heard about MC cancellation i become sad... And all polish players too.

Anyway - i like MC universum for long time. And Karak's ability to get brotherhood units stoned me. Isnt a mistake? Karak never had anything with heretics - its Semai's job, not Ilian.

So ive changed this - to Algeroth units and also many PL players.

What do You think?

I believe the change comes from Ultimate Warzone* where Karak turns out to be a Brotherhood turncoat: thus the Heretic status...thus his ability to corrupt and turn other former Brothers to the Dark Side.

*NOTE: FFG seems to have drawn most of their Mutant Chronicles lore from UWZ.

Wow... Ididnt knew that... Because Ultimate Warzone wasnt published in my country... May i ask You for smoe links with storyline that edition? Off course i mean only legal stuff.

I've sent you a friend request: FFG won't let you private message anyone unless you are their "friend".

I'll send you a PM shortly thereafter.

Ruvion said:

I've sent you a friend request: FFG won't let you private message anyone unless you are their "friend".

I'll send you a PM shortly thereafter.

THX mate. Ive already accepted.

Shoot, I thought PMs work but they don't...you can see my email address in my profile. Send me an email...I'll drop you a line with all the relevant info!

That solves it!

aplauso.gif

Hmm... Is it legal?

Does it mean, that he corrupts brotherhood units in battle on enemy's side, or simply may incorporate brotherhood units into his army during the startup? It's interesting in both cases. However, it seems that I should wait with buy him with some brotherhood troops to make the game more interesting.

With Karak the Keeper, you may select Brotherhood units in your army (this bypasses the Humanity / Dark Legion incompatibility). For having confronted to Karak with 2 Ice Golem and lot of Brotherhood units (mainly Inquisitors and Inquisitor Majoris), this mixed army is not as powerful as it appears on paper. Karak is the lone unit with enough command icons to properly play Ilian command cards. Maybe the Second Set units will correct this problem.

Maybe that's because such an army has low range of attacks and relatively low hit points? Perhaps the best thing about this is access to Brotherhoods cards.

I will test a 100% Ilian army in some weeks (I'm painting proxies based on Second Set units). My today concern is the card retriever missing for this faction.