invader spawning

By mixykym, in Doom

hello folks.

1,when an invader spawns a beastie,the rules says "out of line of sight",as a figure blocks line of sight can the invader spawn directly behind another beastie ?

example:- marine in square one,a beastie two squares away horizontally,spawn a new beastie 0n 3rd square ?

close and nasty !!!

cheerio's

mike

Yea quite nasty but rules says:

For purpose of spawning new invaders, other invader figures do not block marine's line of sight.

You can find it in spaw section just under rules taht you told about.

duh and super duh !! sorpresa.gif

i thought my opponent was overwhelming me with beasties too easily.he wont be happy to restart game.. gran_risa.gif

"note to self" read further down..!!! lengua.gif

many thanks.

mike

It's still a pretty tough game, even with proper spawning rules, so don't gloat too soon... ;)

-shnar

Sorry for waking up this old thread but There is no point of making new one with my question:

Can I spawn inavders behind closed doors ? There no wording "block line of sight" in rules by doors.

And I guess (if spawning is possible behind doors) I can't spawn monsters in not revelad(hidden) rooms in scenario ?

Thanks for help !

Tanath said:

Can I spawn inavders behind closed doors ? There no wording "block line of sight" in rules by doors.

And I guess (if spawning is possible behind doors) I can't spawn monsters in not revelad(hidden) rooms in scenario ?

Can the Marines see through the closed door gui%C3%B1o.gif ? Answer no, so spawning is okay. And monsters can close doors (just have to do it the turn before you spawn, as you have to spawn before activating any monsters).

You do have to spawn in a section of the board that has already been revealed.

As to the LOS rules:

"Line of sight is blocked by walls, closed doors, other figures, and
blocking obstacles." (p. 8)

If the area where you wnat to spawn invaders was previously revealed then you can. Doors block LOS just like a blocking obstacles - sometimes even better as the sniper ( I guess) can see trough blocking obstacles but not through the doors.

So yes you can spawn behind closed doors.

No you can't spawn in areas that are not revealed.

And remember that you cannot use the smash card to destroy doors leading to area taht was not revealed.

Thanks for fast answer !
I just wanted to be 100% sure.

Can I spawn an invader on a space containing a token or an encounter or does it have to be an empty space?

You can spawn on any token, equipment or encounter, just not on blocking obstacles.

I have another question: Can a Monster open a door to a previously unrevealed area?

redsimon said:

You can spawn on any token, equipment or encounter, just not on blocking obstacles.

I have another question: Can a Monster open a door to a previously unrevealed area?

No, only Marines can do that. It stops invaders from just opening the whole map and potentially prevent marines from reaching some of the timed encounters (scientist in first mission)

I supposed that but couldn't find it in the rulebook. Also the section woudln't be revealed until the marines have line of sight to it.

But it certainly is better that way.

redsimon said:

I supposed that but couldn't find it in the rulebook. Also the section woudln't be revealed until the marines have line of sight to it.

But it certainly is better that way.

I also remember not being able to find that rule when I went looking for it in the rulebook. I don't know where it's written, but I do know it's a rule. It may have been added officially by errata or the FAQ. I remember assuming it to be the case from day 1 though.

Jervon said:

If the area where you wnat to spawn invaders was previously revealed then you can. Doors block LOS just like a blocking obstacles - sometimes even better as the sniper ( I guess) can see trough blocking obstacles but not through the doors.

If I remember correctly, the Sniper ability card says that the LOS of the player is improved during combat. I concluded that this meant only during combat. Hence, you'd be able to spawn monsters behind obstacles even with a sniper around. I don't have the English version of the game though and by all means, I could be wrong. What's your take on this? How is the English version of the card written exactly?

This is the txt on the english Sniper card.

When attacking, you may trace line of sight through other fiugures (both friendly and enemy) and blocking obstacles (but not closed doors). In addition, when you make an aimed attack, you may ignore any dice showing a miss result.

As the text says, it is during attacking you get an LOS bonus.