A Knife in the Dark: Broken

By Jban, in Quest Log Feedback & Support Forum

With the new release of the Voice of Isengard I find that this quest from the Dark Riders Expansions suffers a lot. Why? Well Bill Ferny isn't that annoying anymore. The Westfold Outrider makes it quite easy to take him out from staging after which killing him is no problem at all. Since he isn't that kind of a striking enemy.

Previous to the VoI you always had a challenge of getting him out quickly. His 5 hp are great since 1 Gandalf isnt enough to kill him. And you always need some combinations of cards to get him out.

I really hope that I'm not the only one who thinks this quest lost the true challenge that lay within it.

Jban

I think this is in the wrong forum, this is the quest LOG feedback forum.

There were always decks that could easily remove Bill Ferny early in the game. It's just that recent cards give you some more deck options if that's what you're going for. It's funny, I just played the quest last night with my deck staging area attack decks, and Bill Ferny was gone on round 2. We had a very strong board up to stage 3, and even managed to beat all the ringwraiths except the Witch King. But they *kept* *coming* *back.* I think that's the true challenge of this quest -- overcoming the tide of ringwraiths on stage 3, especially the challenge posed by the immune Witch King, and doing so quickly so as to avoid the treacheries or reshuffles that can bring those ringwraiths back from the dead.