Hive Ship Assault

By LordDD337, in Deathwatch Gamemasters

HI all.

What would be onboard a hive ship and what would it look like?

I had thought about having my kill team attack a crashed hive ship and go after the norn queen thats on the hive ship.

Im thinking of using the space hulk mission generator for inside the ship and stocking the ship with various tryanids

Also thinking about adding in alot of nests inside the ship as well.

Any thoughts on this?

Oblivion's Edge in the Support section here takes place aboard a Hive Ship. That was, of course, a dumbed down version without all the Critters that came in later publication. Might still serve as a good guide.

Alex

Thanks, ill take a look at it

There was an upgrade for Space Hulk back in the day called 'Tyranid Attack' that had board sections for the inside of a hive ship. They look a bit dated now but it might give you some ideas. Most of the objective pieces look like giant organs

Have a look at Advanced Space Crusade. You'll find lots of stuff on Google. It was all about space marine boarding actions against Hive Ships. Involved fighting and navigating though what is essentially a body's immune system, killing important organs on the way and fighting 'nids :)

Ever see the movie Fantastic Voyage (1966), where a miniaturized sub goes inside a human body? I picture the inside of a hive ship being kinda like that, except as envisioned by H.R Giger...