2009 Gulf Coast Regional Championship Feb 7th & 8th (GCC)

By GraveLord, in UFS Fan Announcements

Welcome to the event post of the 2009 Gulf Coast Regional Championship. This event will herein be referred to as the GCC.

That's right. The largest Regional event of 2008 is making it's 2nd annual event in February of 2009. Due to another event's close proximity, holidays, personal constraints and sports events I had to make the decision to host it as follows:

When?

February 7th thru 8th of 2009

Where?

Anime & Games Central
141 Arnould Blvd
Lafayette, LA 70506
(337) 456-6887
www.animeandgamescentral.com

What?

2009 Gulf Coast Regional Championship Event Outline

Saturday Events
10:00am Regional Championship* (1v1) (S) $5.00
2:00pm Highlander Event (1v1) (L) $5.00
6:00pm Path of the Drunken Master (1v1) (S) - $TBD; sealed, restricted format,
read here http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ufsforums/posts/list/14563.page

Sunday Events
10:00am Regional Team Championship* (3v3) (S) $15.00 per team
2:00pm 6x10 Event (1v1) or Sealed (1v1) (S) $5.00
6:00pm Double Dragon (2v2) (L) - $10.00 per team; special format,

read here http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ufsforums/posts/list/14946.page

(S) - denotes Standard; 4-point-shuriken-watermarked cards only excluding banned cards.
(L) - denotes Legacy; all cards from all sets are legal except banned cards.

Format?

This event will be following rotation without the new base set to be released sometimes in March. So, only cards with the 4-pointed shuriken watermark are legal following up-to-date bans and erratas.

Entry FEE?
See event listing above.

Prizes TBA
Regionals prize kit for the main singles event. Booster packs for the side events. Plaques for the main team event and boosters. Promos depending on availability.

More information to be posted when received. I'll keep you guys posted.

I may have to plan a trip to FL, if for no other reason than to become the drunken master, and leave ye all under the table in the process. :)

That is if I don't make cut. Otherwise, i'll just have to have my bit of a drink after the event. lol.

Wilding said:

I may have to plan a trip to FL, if for no other reason than to become the drunken master, and leave ye all under the table in the process. :)

That is if I don't make cut. Otherwise, i'll just have to have my bit of a drink after the event. lol.

This is in Louisiana not FL.

The venue may change, but it'll still happen in Lafayette, Louisiana.

Sorry about that. For some reason I thought it had been in FL last year, so I thought it was there this year.

Ah, the SCC was in Florida last year. The GCC had 2 groups from Florida attend contributing to the 64 player attendance.

I'll keep you all posted on where this event will land. I'm currently in the works of getting a new location open.

Superandroid17 and myself are considering going but it's quite a long drive. that and we'd likely either need a hotel room or some place to crash and the time off from work as well. perhaps a trip in in our future.

GraveLord said:

Format?

This event will be following rotation without the new base set to be released sometimes in March. So, only cards with the 4-pointed shuriken watermark are legal following up-to-date bans and erratas.

Really? Rotation without the base set? Think I'll pass then. I was looking forward to the Path of the Drunken Master too. :(

That's too bad. We'll have this December's set in the pool too along with w/e promos are released in January. Mayber you'll change your mind once you see the Set 11 stuff.

There's a reason that rotation isn't happening in December, but rather once the new base set comes out. It's about having a full and balanced cardpool.

After some thought, I've decided to make one of the side events a Legacy tournament. That event will be the Double Dragon event since neither teammates can have any of the same cards in their respective deck and sideboard.

I may also do a Legacy sealed event too if the players are up for it.

Update: The set date will remain! My engagement will not affect this date and the event will still be held inside of Lafayette, LA so you guys can go on ahead and book your rooms and request off.

Also: The Highlander event, in addition to the Double Dragon event, will also be Legacy format. So that guaranteeds 2 Legacy events and 2 Standard events. Keep in mind that the "Standard" events for this Regionals are following rotation.. meaning all the cards must be 4-point-shuriken-watermarked.

~Thai

Since there's no messenger service on these forums, you guys can email me directly if you have any questions concerning this event at [email protected] with "GCC" in the subject line.. and if you have my phone number then just call me about it.

this has already been voted on and people are tired of the same tired block two cards.out with the old and in with the new im afraid.the event will still be awsome.

Incorrect. What was voted on was the Regional event.. meaning the main event. The side events were not meant to be included in the poll(s). If you can recall, I tried to set up polls for the events that would be most attractive since players are more concerned with those.

is it $2 per event or overall?

it's $2 for the main single event

each event will have it's own entry-fee

Anyone interested in the Highlander event? The Highlander event will be Legacy format.

Update!

Location will be

Anime & Games Central
141 Arnould Blvd
Lafayette, LA 70506

This is a new shop so it's not in the local pages yet.

Only a little more than 1 month left til the big day... book your rooms, request off work and let me know you're coming!

The time is almost upon us! We're all getting prepped over here in Dallas, just you wait!

But yeah, I finally have a venue sorted out for Texas Throwdown ! Just a heads-up for you and yours.

That's great Brian. The Lafayette crew will come to your massacre.

Update: We'll have 2 regional kits to support the large number of players coming to party.. I mean play.

Was there ever a decision on the type of alcohol everyone would be drinking for Drunken Master?

I know we can drink whatever we please on the side, but we take shots (if memory serves) before deck construction and each round, and we're all drinking the same thing, right?

No.. the board switchover messed up my polls for what will be drunken.. I guess we may end up with Grey Goose Vodka.. the big big bottle with some mixes/chasers on the side.. everyone will drink the same thing for the Drunken Master event.

The majority in attendance can over rule that but I'll have the grey goose already to prevent delays in the game.

Goose and Bull?

YOu know my favorite one, red bull and vodka. Fill it up I'm faded son!

Nfxon said:

Goose and Bull?

YOu know my favorite one, red bull and vodka. Fill it up I'm faded son!

It'd make it very convenient for me if everyone agreed. I'll provide Pinneapple Juice and Cranberry Juice so that even the nondrinkers make drink.

BYOB.. bring your own bull. Oh boy... hmmm... oh well.