Standing and Kneeling when a Character dies but is saved

By akidd18, in Game of Thrones: The Card Game

I had a couple of questions that came up recently when a charachter dies "is killed" but is saved using either a bodyguard or a duplicate.

When kneeling would the character be saved and then stand or remain kneeling?

When standing would the character be saved then kneel or remain standing?

My thought was that the charachter would remain in the same position they died in but I could not get confirmation from the rulebook.

One more...

When a charachter is saved using one of the methods above, but has power tokens on the card, does the charachter lose these tokens if he is never actually killed?

Thanks

With regards to the first set of questions, I agree with you that the character would remain in the same position they died/were saved in. The bodyguard or duplicate simply saves him from being killed -- I would take it that it is implicit that the character's position does not change, since neither the rules or the bodyguard cards indicate that the character's position changes when saved.

As I see it, if the character is never actually killed because he was saved either by a bodyguard, duplicate or event (e.g., "the "Not Today" card in the Stark deck), then that character should retain his power tokens.

TwiceBornh Thanks for the quick response

In this game, you take things specifically and literally. If you are not told to stand a character, don't. If you are not told to kneel a character, don't. If a character is saved from being discarded or killed, they are not killed or discarded, so no power is discarded (unless you are specifically instructed to do so).