Another disappointing day...

By Cajun Grognard, in Runebound

I visit the FFG site everyday hoping to see in the "News" that Runebound 2 has been reprinted or that a Runebound 3 is coming out. Alas, I am not happy...but maybe one day soon I will be doing the happy dance at my 'puter... :( :( :(

I visit the FFG site everyday hoping to see in the "News" that Runebound 2 has been reprinted or that a Runebound 3 is coming out. Alas, I am not happy...but maybe one day soon I will be doing the happy dance at my 'puter... :( :( :(

Hahahah i'm doing the same with the feeling that something's coming...

I even wrote to FFG CS and linked the "Group Positive Thinking" post I started to let them know there's a community full of people that want to game back.

I am new to Runebound (just started playing a few weeks ago), and so far, I love the game.

I must admit, though, that I have mixed feelings about them bringing it back. On the one hand, yes, it would be great to see more support for such a great game!

On the other hand… I've been spending quite a bit of money hunting down overpriced sets on e-Bay and Amazon, so I'd feel as if I wasted a lot of money if a new version were released in the near future.

I think it would almost be a no-brainer to at least reprint this game. It's not like they'd have any development costs or any play testing to do as the game has already been created. It seems totally counter intuitive to continue to pump out new games with the "based on the Runebound universe" logo, but not make Runebound actually available to new players. I was late getting on the train and just recently within the past 4 months have purchased Runewars, Battlelore 2nd Edition, and Descent 2E and several expansions. The fact that I can't find Runebound anywhere is a huge bummer.

I can certainly see them releasing an RB3e someday. Soon? Maybe, maybe not. But someday.

I doubt they'll reprint RB2e though. For one thing, if it were worth their while to continue printing 2e, I don't think they would've let it go OOP in the first place.

Secondly, the Terrinoth setting has changed pretty dramatically since RB2e (for better or for worse.) I would expect a continuation of the RB line to be a new edition that's set in the current lore.

I'm too a fan of runebound. I have 2nd Edition, Sands of Kalim, Frozen Wastes.

Missing: Isle of Dreads and Mist of Zanaga. (I'm holding the buy on Mist of Zanaga, because i want first to get the Isle of Dread which is rare)

I also have the mini expansions of Challenges (Except: Dark Forest, Terrors of the Tomb); Items & Ally (Artifact & Allies, Relics of Legend, Walkers of the Wild); Adventures (Avatars of Kelnov, Crown of the Elder Kings, Cult of the Rune, The Catalysm)

Personally i would like the reprint of the rare mini expansion and the Isle of Dread, but i know it's not possible since FFG has told before.

So i had to hope that will make an official annoucement of RB3 soon then it's make available in the end of this year.

I sad that i saw the new of DungeonQuest revision, but there's no news regarding Runebound. The Runebound has lot of potential to any solo, competitive and cooperative player. This game can reach any tastes of boardgamers.

I'm too a fan of runebound. I have 2nd Edition, Sands of Kalim, Frozen Wastes.

Missing: Isle of Dreads and Mist of Zanaga. (I'm holding the buy on Mist of Zanaga, because i want first to get the Isle of Dread which is rare)

If you have a bead on Mists and you want to own it someday, I would suggest buying it now. Otherwise, you may not be able to find a copy by the time you finally track down Isle of Dread.