Help??

By pittplayer, in Fan Creations

I have a crap computer that wont run strange eons and i was wondering if someone was bored could they make me a character?? I want a crazed horror writer character that is so common in lovecrafts writing but no one seems to make them. His abilitys would be be OBSESSIVE READER Whenever you would draw a unique item instead roll a -2 luck check if pass take first tome you find for free, if fail go to jail delayed.

VISIONS OF YUGGOTH Instead of having a arkham encounter you may instead have a yuggoth outer world encounter. If the is chosen gain 2 clue tokens and lose one sanity.

I also think he should have a madness card as opening stuff he has to balance him.

Can someone help me out? Thanks

Books are amongst the lesser Unique items, so periodically searching the deck for a Tome instead of getting a Unique Item at random is actually a drawback. Not really sure where you want to go with that.

-Frank

tomes are for theme. plus how overpowered would getting any unique be?

plus you could pass a necronomicon to the libriaryan sorry spelling

hrm, well thats kind of a crappy ability (the first one), however, the second ability is crazy powerful. I would probably not do anything with that character other than have Yuggoth encounters, hang out near the asylum, and seal gates. 2 clues for 1 sanity is a lot.

I guess instead I'd focus on the first ability and ditch the second entirely. Let it be *may* instead of have to. Then reduce the penalty to a -1 or a +0 and eliminate that awful fail penalty. Give them very high points in both Lore/Luck, and a focus of at least 2, hopefully 3.

by the way, strange eons doesnt work on my computer either. Although, I found this, which I think is not quite, but mostly the same rules, although it doesnt dress it up all pretty for you.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/92494

ok

OBSESSIVE READER if you would draw from the unique deck you may roll a -2 luck check, if you pass search the deck for a tome of your choosing and take it for free, if you fail go to jail delayed.

i would like a character to print out

i would totally pay someone but to make a strange eons character for me but that is prob ilegal. argh

Alright, alright, since you're so keen. I'm not sure if this character is going to work at all, but here it is anyway.

3461215362_43eb0032e6_b.jpg

awp832 is right though - the second ability is a bit crazy. The first one is also probably too powerful - you can use it to cycle the Eltdown Shards, for example.

Thank you!!! I really appreciate that!! You made a lovecraft fanboy very happy!

any more ideas for new characters? lets keep the forums alive!!

pittplayer said:

any more ideas for new characters? lets keep the forums alive!!

There is a thread for custom investigators, you know. There's probably at least one new investigator posted on that thread every day. About 90% of them are designed by Kroen. I don't think there's any danger of the forums dying while he's around.

thecorinthian said:

I don't think there's any danger of the forums dying while he's around.

gui%C3%B1o.gif

If you like my char designs, anybody out there want to help me make more? Just thought i would ask.

is there any way to transfer this guy to the new character board so people can comment?