Disruption Torpedos

By kobrain, in Rogue Trader House Rules

I've had the idea floating around for a while, but im not sure how to implement it. It's loosely based of Disruption Macrocannons. Is it to powerful? If not, what stat would it have. I was thinking 2d10, every 5 damage (past armour?) randomly unpoweres one component. Or maybe it can be used to presision strike a certain component the PC's know about. Maybe 1d10, ?5? points of damage or more unpowers that component? Any idea/suggestion are welcome, or if its simply a plain bad idea.

Thanks kobrain

(Sorry for bad grammar)

Disruption Macrocannons do not do actual damage. So, utilizing the KISS method (keep it simple silly), go with the same rules for the Disruption Macrocannons. Damage for the Disruption Torpedo can be 2d10+2 (twice as much as the cannon), but once again, it doesn't actually do hull damage. And the rules for torpedoes should be the rules for torpedoes, so I don't think you can precision strike with them.

Hmm, thanks. Wasn't very clear I guess. I was trying to see if it were a viable weapon which wasn't too op. Thanks though

It's still a viable weapon. Regular torpedoes have a range of 30-40 VU's with a speed of 10-15(17?) VU's per turn. So reaching out and hitting those ships, space stations, etc etc, is very beneficial. No idea what the rarity would be. Maybe close to the Melta ones?

If you really want to be nasty, refer to the leech mine in the back of the RT Core that is part Xeno and Imperial tech. No idea why FFG hasn't published rules for something they used, but you could make it up. I've been looking for it since I first sprung it on my players, and I'm about to start making some rules up for it for later uses, and incase I ever to get to play. :)

Ok, will have a look. My players have an Orion, and instantly put torpedoe tubes on the keel slot. Hiwever, they wernt happy with the limited amount of (relatively) easily obtainable torpedoes (plasma, boarding and maybe meltas). On the topic of new torpedoes, are there any other house rule ones? I haven't particularly come across any

Edited by kobrain