missile pinned discs

By Tartarous, in Warhammer: Diskwars

does anyone knows if pinned discs with misile ability can make range attacks???

I would say no. The rules for pinning and ranged attacks is that the one doing the pinning can make ranged attacks against its target. Other than that, there is nothing at all about ranged attacks and pins, so I would say if a unit is being pinned it can only counter attack the unit pinning it.

Ranged attacks require the attacking disk to be activated, and a pinned disk cannot be activated. So, no.

thanks

What about the disc on top (the disc which is doing the pinning) – can it still make ranged attacks and use focus abilities if you remove it's activation token (or start a new round)?

I've been playing where they couldn't, since they were engaged, but not sure if that's right.

Yes, if the pinning disk has a ranged attack, they can activate and shoot the disk they are pinning.

Yes, if the pinning disk has a ranged attack, they can activate and shoot the disk they are pinning.

Or any other disk within range, I thought. I don't have my rules in front of me though.

Or any other disk within range, I thought. I don't have my rules in front of me though.

The only thing about ranged attacks and pinning is that it can attack a disk it is pinning, nothing about shooting others. Of course, the rules could use a little bit of clarity, as they say they are always in range of themselves, but cannot make a ranged attack against themselves. I have always thought this as if you scatter while pinning you could hit yourself, but you couldn't target yourself and hope for a scatter to the enemy.

Right, it's saying that a pinned disk (really any pinned disk) is a valid target, but that doesn't mean if you are pinning a disk then the disk you are pinning is the *only* valid target. An unpinned disk may take any action it is normally entitled too, including moving and shooting.