Druid (or Druid Staff) vs. Knight

By The_Warlock, in Talisman Rules Questions

Q: What happens if the Knight is about to engage in battle with the Druid (or a Character with Druid Staff) and the opponent switches to Good Alignment?

Maybe this has already been asked, but I can't remember and found nothing in the old "The knight problem" thread .

Does the Knight encounter the space instead or ends his Turn immediately? Flow Chart doesn't help because the Alignment change happens after the Knight decided to encounter the Character instead of the space.

I would play it that the other character has to use the Staff first, then the Knight would declare whether he would encounter space or char. Same method used if you want to use the Alchemist when another char lands in your space. Once you're locked into battle/psychic combat, it's resolved, by the time you get into combat, too late to use the Alchemist to turn something to gold. I consider the encounter sequence as one uninterruptable line (barring odd exceptions here and there).

Dam said:

I would play it that the other character has to use the Staff first, then the Knight would declare whether he would encounter space or char. Same method used if you want to use the Alchemist when another char lands in your space. Once you're locked into battle/psychic combat, it's resolved, by the time you get into combat, too late to use the Alchemist to turn something to gold. I consider the encounter sequence as one uninterruptable line (barring odd exceptions here and there).

This might be the only solution, good idea.

I like the Alchemist thing too, but it will be difficult to accept for some players. They want to Turn Objects into Gold when they've lost the combat, before "Claim Reward" phase begins.

The_Warlock said:

Q: What happens if the Knight is about to engage in battle with the Druid (or a Character with Druid Staff) and the opponent switches to Good Alignment?

Maybe this has already been asked, but I can't remember and found nothing in the old "The knight problem" thread .

Does the Knight encounter the space instead or ends his Turn immediately? Flow Chart doesn't help because the Alignment change happens after the Knight decided to encounter the Character instead of the space.

I should say that if the Knight attacks the Druid, and the Druid changes from alligment. Then the Knight may not attack the Druid anymore.

Because that the Knight have already stated to attack the Druid, his turn will end.

You can better make a good choice then gui%C3%B1o.gif

Hmm, every of You have good solution of this problem. Myself I would play: Knight is declaring an attack. When he declared an attack, and his target was non-Good Character, he was able to attack the target. When target changed his or her alignment, we don't need to check, if Knight still can attack the target or not, because already is attacking it.

The_Warlock said:

Dam said:

This might be the only solution, good idea.

I like the Alchemist thing too, but it will be difficult to accept for some players. They want to Turn Objects into Gold when they've lost the combat, before "Claim Reward" phase begins.

Alchemist(using after losing combat etc)

Is this allowed? sorpresa.gif

How nasty demonio.gif

Velhart said:

How nasty demonio.gif

I like Dam's ruling, but I think that you can still Turn Objects into Gold before the winner claims his reward. You can't do this after he's declared what he wants to take.

Alchemist is not a great Follower; if he gets these limitations he's going to be almost useless, considering he can't Turn into Gold Objects that your Character may not have (i.e. Monk with Runesword). You have to take the Objects first.

The only purpose of Alchemist is to Turn into Gold those (few) Objects that you find and don't need? For 1 Gold only? Then he's the worst Follower, even Guide and Pixie give better abilities.

The_Warlock said:

Velhart said:

How nasty demonio.gif

I like Dam's ruling, but I think that you can still Turn Objects into Gold before the winner claims his reward. You can't do this after he's declared what he wants to take.

Alchemist is not a great Follower; if he gets these limitations he's going to be almost useless, considering he can't Turn into Gold Objects that your Character may not have (i.e. Monk with Runesword). You have to take the Objects first.

The only purpose of Alchemist is to Turn into Gold those (few) Objects that you find and don't need? For 1 Gold only? Then he's the worst Follower, even Guide and Pixie give better abilities.

Mmm,

Before the winner claims the reward....( you can better choose wise then.) ( turning your best weapon(object into gold is not good i think. The opponent will take a other object then and you have get rid of the weapon yourself.

I think you can better use the alchemist for turning useless objects into gold....( instead before a claim reward pvp battle

But now we go off topic lol

Maybe talismansilat can answer this one about knight vs druid staff etc

What Knight exactly say? If he "cant attack good characters" then if druid is not good when the knight attack him changing allignment dont cancel the fight.

Talisman need be simple so it dont have many fighting phase, when Knight decide to attack then he is already attacking, and the target was "legal", i think druid can use his ability when Knight land on space before deciding what meet.

Is different if we think about invisibililty spell similar to the alignment-changing ability to avoid a fight, what do you think?

(i understand that my english is a bit cryptic sometime preocupado.gif )

Andraax said:

What Knight exactly say? If he "cant attack good characters" then if druid is not good when the knight attack him changing allignment dont cancel the fight.

Talisman need be simple so it dont have many fighting phase, when Knight decide to attack then he is already attacking, and the target was "legal", i think druid can use his ability when Knight land on space before deciding what meet.

Is different if we think about invisibililty spell similar to the alignment-changing ability to avoid a fight, what do you think?

(i understand that my english is a bit cryptic sometime preocupado.gif )

The Knight can't attack Good Characters as a limitation.

The Druid may change Alignment at will, in order to gain advantage from it. Same for Invisibility or other Evading Spells/Abilites, which can be used as required.

I'm sure in your games moving and encountering a Character is a single action ("I scored a 6. That's the Druid there... I attack you!), otherwise I admire your patience and coolness. Druid player won't be able to switch Alignment in the right moment. I would rule it that if the Knight gives no time to switch Alignment, the Druid can declare it before combat takes place. Then the Knight is forced to encounter the Space (it's not like he has been Evaded), so he'd better not attack a Character that can change Alignment on dangerous spaces he doesn't wish to encounter.

This is an English forum and we have to write in English. I don't have problems understanding your English Andraax , anche se io e te ci capiremmo meglio in italiano gui%C3%B1o.gif , and I'm sure it's the same for other users, so don't bother too much.

Normally we play so: I roll 6 and land in a space with another character, I decide to meet the character then i ask if he want cast a spell (invisibility for example) or use a ability ( evades skill like elf for woods or dwarf for hills) if he dont use anything then we fight normally and he cant evade anymore.

This is pretty simple but i dont have something similar to Knight (no expansion) so i am interested in this topic because soon i will get this problems (buying it soon, come on Dungeon!!!).

Oh and a question come in mind now, if you decide to attack a character, and he evade you (with invisibility for example) you just end your turn or you are forced to meet the place then?

Eh i understand english so it is not problem for me but when i write sometime can be cryptic because i get confused with "complex" (for me) syntax gran_risa.gif but it is ok just tell when you dont anderstand what i try to say happy.gif .

Andraax said:

Normally we play so: I roll 6 and land in a space with another character, I decide to meet the character then i ask if he want cast a spell (invisibility for example) or use a ability ( evades skill like elf for woods or dwarf for hills) if he dont use anything then we fight normally and he cant evade anymore.

This is pretty simple but i dont have something similar to Knight (no expansion) so i am interested in this topic because soon i will get this problems (buying it soon, come on Dungeon!!!).

Oh and a question come in mind now, if you decide to attack a character, and he evade you (with invisibility for example) you just end your turn or you are forced to meet the place then?

Eh i understand english so it is not problem for me but when i write sometime can be cryptic because i get confused with "complex" (for me) syntax gran_risa.gif but it is ok just tell when you dont anderstand what i try to say happy.gif .

Hi Andraax,

If you decide to attack a character and he evade you, then your turn will end. gui%C3%B1o.gif

The_Warlock said:

Q: If the Knight lands on the same space as an evil/neutral Druid (or an evil/neutral character with the Druid Staff) and declares that he is attacking him, can the Druid or the character with the Druid Staff evade the Knight by changing his alignment to good?

No. Once the Knight declares that he is attacking the character, changing alignment to good has no effect on the attack, as the attack has already commenced (it must be done before any attack begins). The Knight's attack may only be evaded by using conventional means.

Ell.

talismanamsilat said:

The_Warlock said:

Q: If the Knight lands on the same space as an evil/neutral Druid (or an evil/neutral character with the Druid Staff) and declares that he is attacking him, can the Druid or the character with the Druid Staff evade the Knight by changing his alignment to good?

No. Once the Knight declares that he is attacking the character, changing alignment to good has no effect on the attack, as the attack has already commenced (it must be done before any attack begins). The Knight's attack may only be evaded by using conventional means.

Ell.

Thanks for the information elliot gran_risa.gif

( maybe you could also take a look at the st josephine topic.)

The_Warlock said:

Velhart said:

How nasty demonio.gif

Oh, I don't know. The Alchemist can transmute any object the character is carrying , not using. So if the Monk can carry a sword and have the Alchemist transmute it for gold, he just can't use it in battle. The exception would be any alignment-based item restriction such as the Holy Lance where no evil character can even pick it up, obstensibly because it would burn their hands.

As for using the Alchemist to transmute items just to deny them to a victor, I think that's cheap and wouldn't allow it.

If I'm Wizard (or another "always has a spell" char, except the Sage lengua.gif ), I'm so trying to Alchemy/-mist and Wand, so I can turn it to gold. Same goes for Prophetess + Orb of Knowledge. Half of that to deny my opponent's the Object, other half just to piss them off partido_risa.gif .

I would say if you declare attacking a character with your knight and that character turns good, then he forces you to encounter the space instead. The downside for him could be losing object that is not allowed for good.

I stick with elliot(talismansilat) words..

If the knight attacks the druid or someone with the druid staff then you cannot change allignment unless you do it quick before the knight clarify that he attacks you..