Question regarding activate cylon ships

By Magneman, in Battlestar Galactica

Hi there, been a while since I played the game, and I have a question regarding the activation of cylon ships. I am playing the game without any expansions.

Are the following statements correct?

- When a revealed cylon player plays a crisis card, there are no Activate Cylon Ship or Prepare for Jump step.

- Ships can be activated through the Cylon Fleet location.

- Revealed cylons can still activate ships if they draw a Cylon Attack Crisis card.

I am especially wondering about the last statement, because the rulebook says "There are no "Activate Cylon Ship" and "Prepare for Jump" steps during a revealed Cylon player's turn."

I'm also a bit confused about the following on page 24 in the rules:

"Whenever there are any centurion tokens on the Boarding Party track and heavy raiders are activated (even by a revealed Cylon player) , each centurion token moves one space towards the "Humans Lose" space." What does the rulebook mean by "even by a revealed Cylon player"? Are the rules referring to the Cylon Fleet location, or when the cylons draw Cylon Attack Crisis cards?

Thanks in advance! :-)

Edited by Magneman

Page 20: There are no “Crisis,” “Activate Cylon Ship,” and
“Prepare for Jump” steps during a revealed Cylon player’s turn.

The "steps" are the icons at the bottom left and right of a "normal" crisis card (non-fleet action), and of course the crisis card step. You skip those and only those "steps", not any occurance. There is a reminder on the "Cylon Fleet" location but I think that actually cause more confusion. If a fleet action card is played by the cylon, the card goes as normal including cylon ship activations.

Yes, I believe the "Even by a cylons players" note is so people don't confuse the "icon" of heavy raider for being the only time the boarding party moves.

Sounds like you have it down.

Page 20: There are no “Crisis,” “Activate Cylon Ship,” and

“Prepare for Jump” steps during a revealed Cylon player’s turn.

The "steps" are the icons at the bottom left and right of a "normal" crisis card (non-fleet action), and of course the crisis card step. You skip those and only those "steps", not any occurance. There is a reminder on the "Cylon Fleet" location but I think that actually cause more confusion. If a fleet action card is played by the cylon, the card goes as normal including cylon ship activations.

Yes, I believe the "Even by a cylons players" note is so people don't confuse the "icon" of heavy raider for being the only time the boarding party moves.

Sounds like you have it down.

Thanks for the clarifications. This is how I've been playing the game previously, good thing that I've followed the rules correctly. :)

Basically:

Ships are activated by Cylons through the Cylon Fleet location or Cylon Attack Crisis cards, but not through the ordinary steps that are on the bottom left of a regular Crisis card.

The above is true for the base game, the expansions add a prepare to jump step to any crisis a revealed cylon plays from caprica (and adds in an overlay saying this)