Old home brew cards and new idea's)that you like to see and use in Talisman revised

By Velhart, in Talisman Home Brews

I wanted to start a topic where you can discuss what for cards you like to see in Talisman revised 4th Edition.

Feel free to write your idea's here in this topic or what for cards you like to see from old home brew versions !

Other people will take a look at it, and maybe that someone will create a card of it.

Cards that i like to see.

Meteor Storm

Crusaders

Army camp( where you can buy mules, weapons etc( only problem is that this edition has no warrant cards yet( you should be arrested if you have a warrant card

Castle events ( like a party, or something with the king etc or crucifixion or a event that the princess is kidnapped and riding in the direction of the chasm. you must save her in time, otherwise she is dead demonio.gif

Arrow shop( Buying crossbows that gives +2 in battles (third edition version) and arrows ( so that you can use your bow again)

Slave Market

Bridge of Ice

Skeleton Dogs

Giant attacking Frogs

Ettin( giant with 2 heads?

A Cage card ( that you must put on the space with the cage art on the main board

Star Fall( a rain of stars that can be traded for gold at the village city etc

Traps for the main board, like arrows from the bushes, falling rocks, or other dangerous mechanisme that impale your body demonio.gif

Traps for the main board, like arrows from the bushes, falling rocks, or other dangerous mechanisme that impale your body

Sounds like a good idea for a set of adventure cards in the forest realm expansion

I hope that people will remake(re-do) the old custom cards by using strange eons gran_risa.gif

Have you looked into trying to contact the creators of specific expansions, and suggest they look at SE? That's probably the best way, considering no one else should be messing with the creators work without permission. In addition, one minor problem might be updating artwork in some cases.

Various cultural mythos could offer some interesting concepts. Celtic culture has folklore and legend of "giant animals" as mentioned earlier. This would be simple enough for Talisman mono-attribute for Enemies, where the type of animal could simply have its Strength bumped up by a couple of points, and perhaps, occassionally, included simple side effects against the adventurer, its equipment, its followers, etc. for facing it in general or a catastrophic failure in defeating it.

It's definitely a way to expand upon the games standards without necessarily breaking them, and offer something more than just a new picture with a higher number listed below it.

JCHendee said:

Have you looked into trying to contact the creators of specific expansions, and suggest they look at SE? That's probably the best way, considering no one else should be messing with the creators work without permission. In addition, one minor problem might be updating artwork in some cases.

Hi JC,

If i remember clearly, i thought that Jon said to me that Carsten Both was not interested in making the cards again, but with strange eons ... i don't know.

I can try to ask Jon again about it..

Hey V., if the creator isn't interested in redoing the cards, then all that is needed is (1) permission for someone else to do so, and (2) documentation with the expansion that mentions its origin and attributes its basic concept and creation to the original creator. WIth SE now beefed up exceptionally by Chris and Jon, almost anyone can now update any expansion by just getting permission to do so. You could do it (hint hint).

JCHendee said:

Hey V., if the creator isn't interested in redoing the cards, then all that is needed is (1) permission for someone else to do so, and (2) documentation with the expansion that mentions its origin and attributes its basic concept and creation to the original creator. WIth SE now beefed up exceptionally by Chris and Jon, almost anyone can now update any expansion by just getting permission to do so. You could do it (hint hint).

Hi JC,

I don't know how strange eons works yet.

I think it is also difficult to find a new artwork for it that match the old one from that creator.

True, as I mentioned before, the artwork is the problem... and in this case, with a distributable expansion, its worse if one is paying attention to copyright infringement. But if you don't intend to redistribute, and just want the cards for yourself, then the artwork can be anything.

If you do intend such to be redistributed... well, some of us around here might be able to help with some art on a card by card basis.

As to SE, it can be a little tricky at first, but it's really not that hard. You should download it and have it around to toy with from time to time. I still don't know all of its ins and outs... and Jon has recently made even better organizational upgrades for the Talisman plugin. I was able to figure out the basic with a little experimenting and reading the online documents.

And if you have questions in using it, create a new SE topic here to ask them. Afterall, its going to be used by some of us homebrewers, so we might as well start talking about it here rather than just in the main forum.

What about a camp or a shop in the oasis who are selling your camels ( JC) or Water bottles and other goodies gran_risa.gif

I don't know... some type of commercial operation in the Oasis doesn't seem to make sense to me. After all, who would walk all the way through a desert to buy stuff to ... well... get one through a desert? At the bottom of the Camel "Purchase" cards you'll see where they can be bought (ITB Part 2).

JCHendee said:

I don't know... some type of commercial operation in the Oasis doesn't seem to make sense to me. After all, who would walk all the way through a desert to buy stuff to ... well... get one through a desert? At the bottom of the Camel "Purchase" cards you'll see where they can be bought (ITB Part 2).

Hi JC,

I have seen the camels gui%C3%B1o.gif

But if you look on the board for example, then you see a tent at the oasis gran_risa.gif

someone can easily live there and runs a shop there gran_risa.gif

Off course, that would not be so easy because there is a hide out of the raiders there cool.gif demonio.gif