Which supplement would be best

By Tripoth, in Deathwatch Gamemasters

Have been GM for a multitude of systems and am now turning to Deathwatch! :)

Ordered the core rulebook and would like to purchase one of the supplements. I was wondering which one was the most useful and had the most bang for a buck.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

I'd highly suggest Rites of Battle, a lot of nice and important additions to it, if you want to have all character creation options I'd also pick up First Founding and then Honour the Chapter. I'd also say Mark of the Xenos, The Jericho Reach, and The Outer Reaches since they have a significant amount of bestiary entries (and a few pre-made missions!) Ark of Lost Souls is useful if you plan on creating any Space Hulk missions.

Rites of Battle nand Mark of the Xenos are "must have". Without Rites of Battle you only get half the game and for a combat heavy game lik Deathwatch there's way to few enemies in the core book's, so you need to get Mark of the Xenos to a bigger diversity of foes that scenarios can be varied with.

Rites of Battle nand Mark of the Xenos are "must have". Without Rites of Battle you only get half the game and for a combat heavy game lik Deathwatch there's way to few enemies in the core book's, so you need to get Mark of the Xenos to a bigger diversity of foes that scenarios can be varied with.

Yeah, what he said.

Honour the Chapter contains a few new canon chapters including the Relic creation Blood Ravens or the LotD. The Emperors Chosen is also an intriguing book since it has some nasty tactical doctrines which make for some more intriguing combat moves and techniques as well as some very potent wargear but yeah, Rites of Battle and Mark of the Xenos will be two of the most valuable ones.

Yeah, what he said.

Thanks.

And I apologize for the horrifically crappy English.

Yeah, what he said.

Thanks.

Sorry, did I come across as sarcastic? If so it was unintentional- I was agreeing with you

Yeah, what he said.

Thanks.

Sorry, did I come across as sarcastic? If so it was unintentional- I was agreeing with you

No, you didn't. I just happened to notice my deplorable English.

The most necessary are Rites of Battle and Mark of the Xenos - advanced specialties/more gear and lots of enemies, respectively. The biggest issues are how MotX damage values aren't really in line with either the Core damage or the (highly suggested) errata weapons. Likewise I don't believe that the errata changed Relic damage stats, which could be a problem too.

Achilus Assault and Jericho Reach are largely setting/GM supplements and are pretty nice for a lot of plot hook ideas.

First Founding and Honour the Chapter add player options but are hardly necessary, just nice to have.

Emperor's Chosen isn't bad, and can be useful at higher levels, but you don't really need it.

Thank you for all of your answers and assistance! :)

The most necessary are Rites of Battle and Mark of the Xenos - advanced specialties/more gear and lots of enemies, respectively. The biggest issues are how MotX damage values aren't really in line with either the Core damage or the (highly suggested) errata weapons. Likewise I don't believe that the errata changed Relic damage stats, which could be a problem too.

Achilus Assault and Jericho Reach are largely setting/GM supplements and are pretty nice for a lot of plot hook ideas.

First Founding and Honour the Chapter add player options but are hardly necessary, just nice to have.

Emperor's Chosen isn't bad, and can be useful at higher levels, but you don't really need it.

I'd recommend First Founding, the additional Squad/Solo mode abilities added for the chapter included in the core rulebook and RoB can add to your player's experience and give them more options in combat. Theres also a nice array of relics and other wargear introduced in it as well. Not to mention the chapter-specific Advanced Specialties! Those can contribute to more variety in your kill-team at rank 1. Its not essential but I find that its nice to have.

Picked up Rites and Xenos. Both broadened the game quite a bit. Picked up First Founding and Honor because it gives the characters enough choices for character creation.

Having fun with the game!

Thanks for all your help!

Cool. I think characters had "enough" choices already but adding more choices is always nice. :P Glad to hear you're enjoying the game!