Scenario ideas

By RedMageStatscowski, in Doom

If someone can give me ideas of what they'd like in new scenarios, I'll combine the ideas and make some maps and post it on BGG.

I wouldn't mind seeing a reverse scenario. Rather than the marines frantically trying to escape, how about having them hunt down the Invader and it's the Invader who is frantically trying to keep something alive?

-shnar

I'm nearly finished with a six-part campaign that incorporates lots of new ideas and ways of play without changing the base rules. I'll post it as soon as it's finished. Also, if you're familiar with Descent, the Altar of Despair Expansion, they have a scenario that plays more like a free-for-all battle than a dungeon crawl. Basically, the mapboard was like a big arena, and certain areas were spawn points for the monsters. Players could not enter these spawn points. Instead of room descriptions, the scenario was broken up into rounds, so on round 1, a certain number and typer of monsters would spawn in a certain spawn point. Round two, nothing was spawned. Round three, more monsters were spawned, and so on. The players had to defend an objective and slay a certain number of monsters. It was pretty cool. I can see doing the same with Doom to give it a different spin.

I have to admit, I'm a big fan of the shorter missions, one reason I'm excited for the Advanced Campaign (bunch of shorter missions squeezed together to make one long-ass game).

I also like the idea of "choices" in a mission. Something that would add to replayability. In a Descent map I made, the heroes choose which hall to go down, and then followup map is different depending on which hallway they went down.

-shnar

Come to think of it, I think I got a scenario where two marines go into this lab to try and destroy a gate, and the 'invaders' are trying to protect the gate. But the odds are stacked waaay off balance against the marines.

Knuckels

like the idea not knowning set up u have so far my pennys worth. to destroy it need to get say 3 codes in diffrent room and then punch them in a computer that might balance it. Im new to the game so i could be well wrong let me know and i will zip it lol.

Skinback said:

Knuckels

like the idea not knowning set up u have so far my pennys worth. to destroy it need to get say 3 codes in diffrent room and then punch them in a computer that might balance it. Im new to the game so i could be well wrong let me know and i will zip it lol.

Sorry, can I have that entire line in English please?

Sorry knuckles my grammer and spelling is bad. i do try but loose it some times.

I like your idea and not knowing what ur foughts are for the set up so far is. All i know is you want to destroy a gate in a lab with 2 marines.

I was thinking to add to it and try to balance it more you could have it set that the marines have to get pass 2 pass key doors first. Doing this you make the map a bit bigger and can space the invaders a bit more. Hope that makes a bit more sense. Please remember some people find it a bit hard to write down what they are thinking ie me. Not having a go at you about it not your problem just wanted to let you know so you understand.

Why space out the invaders? I've made it so the invader player gets guaranteed a spawn card each turn, though only 1 (so he gets random invaders).