Runebound 2nd ed - Missing movement dice - Can you help?

By TwiceBorn, in Runebound

Hello everyone,

A few months ago, I was thrilled to have found and purchased the last copy of Runebound 2nd ed at my local gaming store. It was supposed to be brand new -- the box and components were all shrink-wrapped. I didn't have time to really read the rules and play until now, and so did not realize that some components were missing until now -- namely, the 10-sided dice and movement dice.

The 10-sided dice aren't a problem, I've already got loads of those.

But I can't play without knowing exactly what the movement dice are supposed to look like. I understand that there are five movement dice and that each face of the die has (I think) three terrain symbols on it.

Would someone who has this game be kind enough to tell me:

1) How many faces does each movement die have?

2) What the terrain symbol/symbol combinations on each die are?

Even if I don't have the actual movement dice, I'm sure that if I had the above information, I could work out a solution (i.e., assign terrain combinations to particular numbers on a d6, d8, d10, d12 or whatever, or otherwise create a card draw system that would correspond to the movement dice).

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

Just found this illustration of the dice ( http://www.boardgameguru.co.uk/runebound-dice-8175-p.asp ).%C2'>

They are d6 and the patterns I can discern so far are:

1 - Mountain / Plains / Road

2 - Road / Plains/ Hills

3 - Swamp / River

4 - Road / River

5 - Forest / River

6 - ????

It appears that all five dice are identical (I would like confirmation on that).

I now suspect that the sixth side is probably a duplicate of one of the other five faces/icons, and that each die probably features a duplicate of a different face/side (for example, die 1 may have a duplicate of the Mountains/Roads/Plains icon on its sixth side; die 2 may have a duplicate of the Roads/Plains/Hills icon on its sixth side; etc.). This would result in each icon appearing a total of 6 times across the 5 dice. But I really would like to confirm whether this theory is correct.

I have also e-mailed FFG customer service -- hopefully I'll get a helpful reply… but if anyone on these boards knows the answers to my questions, I would be grateful if you would post a response! :-)

Thanks again.

They are d6 and the patterns I can discern so far are:

1 - Mountain / Plains / Road

2 - Road / Plains/ Hills

3 - Swamp / River

4 - Road / River

5 - Forest / River

6 - ????

It appears that all five dice are identical (I would like confirmation on that).

The last face is "Road / Plains / Hills" again. The ones above are all correct.

All 5 dice are identical.

Hopefully, FFG will be able to get back to you about replacements. I don't know what kind of stock they'd still have for RB2E replacement bits, but it's certainly worth asking.

If not, I believe there are fan-made sticker faces that could be printed out and applied to blank dice to create your own movement dice. Check out the Runebound 2E page on boardgamegeek.com.

Thanks for your reply, Steve-O, I appreciate it.

FFG sent me an e-mail confirming that they're sending me some replacement dice -- I was surprised to find they still had some in stock. Haven't received them yet, though.

But in the meantime, I can definitely work with the information I've been given.

Cheers!