Draft Rules

By pppalma, in Android: Netrunner Draft Play

Can the Draft Rules be uploaded to the "Support" section?

They probably will be eventually, or maybe in a separate 'draft' minisite.

Anything specific you want to know?

We will have the products next week and there are no rules yet?

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=260&esem=4

Not going to mention how hard is to accept that they cost well over 25 euros in Europe compared to <$15 in USA (the usual 1$=1EUR conversion seems to be gone for these products).

We will have the products next week and there are no rules yet?

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=260&esem=4

Not going to mention how hard is to accept that they cost well over 25 euros in Europe compared to <$15 in USA (the usual 1$=1EUR conversion seems to be gone for these products).

The rules are included with every starter pack and every draft pack. The OP was simply asking for the rules to be uploaded to the internet.

I'd much rather see the rules to be where they are supposed to be on the website so players could familiarize with them and just play the game. I managed to gather the information on what's in the boxes, rules, etc. and released it locally, but this is FFG job, not mine.

As for the price rant - please bear with me, I'll spam it everywhere I'm registered and I know it is offensive. But it's also offensive to see such difference and we are used to pay more already.

I think the issue here is that tehy are printed at FFGs own PoD site in Minnesota (or if not in MN at least somewhere int he US) so getting this product to Europe is a much bigger cost then their usual distribution model. At least that's my guess.

Has anyone seen the draft rules posted anywhere yet?

I'd much rather see the rules to be where they are supposed to be on the website so players could familiarize with them and just play the game. I managed to gather the information on what's in the boxes, rules, etc. and released it locally, but this is FFG job, not mine.

The rules ARE where they're supposed to be - included in the draft packs. Putting it online is a courtesy, not a requirement on FFG's part.

The rules ARE where they're supposed to be - included in the draft packs. Putting it online is a courtesy, not a requirement on FFG's part.

Would you say the same about the constructed tournament rules?

Would you say the same about the constructed tournament rules?

Hm, you make a decent argument there. It IS important that players have access to tournament rules before attending. I suppose I wasn't thinking of Draft in turns of tournament play so much as just pick-up-and-play.

Even so, the rules for drafting are always in the draft packs (which also don't contain any separate 'draft tourney' rules) so you'll always have them when you need them - draft rules aren't relevant unless you're AT a draft after all. Any tournament rules that are different as a result of draft format could be covered in a separate document and still not require the actual rules on drafting to be included (although again, this would be a useful courtesy).