Reina Roja - Starting to hammer out a second runner deck

By Kahadras, in Android: Netrunner Deck Building

Having constructed a Chaos Theory Shaper deck and being pretty happy with it for the moment I decided to go and have a look at making an Anarchs deck based off Reina Roja...

Runner - Reina Roja

Events -

x3 Special Order - -

x3 Forged Activation Orders - -

x2 Deja Vu

x3 Sure Gamble

Hardware -

x2 Deep Red

x3 Dyson Mem Chip

x3 Cyberfeeder

Programs -

x2 Pawn

x3 Bishop

x3 Rook

x2 Knight

x2 Yog.0

x2 Morning Star

Resources -

x3 Same Old Thing

x3 Kati Jones

x3 Underworld Contact

x1 Ice Carver

x2 Xanadu

I question Morningstar. It's expensive to get into play and eats MU, and there WILL be barriers you can't get past with it or Knight. There's a reason everyone splashes Corroder out of Anarch.

If you're heart is set on the Star though, grab some Parasite and/or Datasuckers. With three Special Order you might even be able to get away with cutting breakers.

Personally I prefer Emergency Shutdown over FAO with Caissa, your mileage may vary.

Underworld Contact is a trap. Unless you're willing to go all-in on Link, you'll see too little use from it (I tried it out too).

Aside from Kati, you might find your economy lacking. Weirdly, Kati might be enough. Anarch, out of all runners, deals with being poor pretty well. Test it and see, but it might be worth getting some Armitage or Liberated Accounts in there.

Good things though, Rook and Xanadu are brutal in Reina. Caissa are excellent, but play them smart. Use your clicks wisely. You might want more draw power too.

Corroder is currently sitting in the Chaos Theory deck so I decided to try out Morning Star with this deck to use in conjunction with Bishop and see how that went.

I was torn between FAO and Emergency Shutdown but felt that I could put more pressure on my opponant by forcing him to choose between dumping a lot of money or sacrifcing ICE.

I did want to give Underworld Contacts a try before I discard it. I like the idea about getting more use out of the Dyson Mem Chip by using it's link.

As you've noted the economy of the deck isn't too great but it does have Sure Gamble and stuff like Deja Vu and Same Old Thing to fetch it back if I need more cash. If the Underworld Contact doesn't work out I'll replace them with Daily Casts. The other card I was thinking of was Quality Time as I have just enough influence to sneek three of them into the deck.

Quality time is probably a good choice.

DO NOT waste Deja Vu on getting Sure Gambles back. You might as well just click for 2 credits (pay 2 + click for Deja Vu, pay 5 + click for Sure Gamble, gain 9 = you spent 2 clicks and gained 2 creds). Same Old Thing probably works out just as poorly.

Daily Casts is ok, as is Armitage.

I honestly don't think UWC is worth it unless you can guarantee getting enough link in most of your games, AND getting it into play early. I tried it with Dysons, realised I didn't actually need the MU boost and switched to Globalsec (gasp!) and it still stank. It probably works fine in decks which run lot of link-boosting cards (and have a staring link as well).

I disagree with Commissar on Underworld Contacts. Since Reina starts with one link, all it takes is one Dyson (or link card of your preference) and you can start receiving the benefits. It can take some set up time as you may have UWC but not the link or vice versa. I’ve used it and have gotten millage out of it most of the time. Try it out and see if you like it.

I agree with the rest of the advice. Go for Armitage or Kati for funds but make sure to keep some way of retrieving your cards from your heap. Heavy ice corps will just start trashing ice with Caissa cards without even rezzing them. This may cost you more in the long run than them.

I like Emergency Shutdown better than FAO. FAO may get rid of the ice and if they rezz it you have information on what it is, but ES will make them pay dearly to rezz it again. If you want to try something different I run with Cortez chips with my Reina deck. Stacked with Rook and Xanadu that’s an extra six credits to rez an ice.

Main problem I have with FAO in Caissa-decks is you WANT ICE on the field - you need somewhere to host all your Caissa!

Cortez is interesting; I'm already seeing Xanadu/Rook/Reina being pretty backbreaking by istelf.

Thanks for all the advice so far. I've tweaked things around a bit so the current deck now looks like this...

Runner - Reina Roja

Events -

x3 Emergency Shutdown

x2 Special Order

x2 Deja Vu

x2 Quality Time

x3 Sure Gamble

Hardware -

x2 Deep Red

x2 Cyberfeeder

x3 Dyson Mem Chip

Programs -

x2 Pawn

x3 Bishop

x3 Rook

x2 Knight

x2 Yog.0

x2 Morning Star

Resources -

x3 Same Old Thing

x3 Kati Jones

x3 Underworld Contact

x1 Ice Carver

x2 Xanadu

I've tried Underworld a lot, and it basically comes down to 3 Dysons is not enough cards to consistently activate them.

You have 3 unused influence by my count; I'd suggest Akamatsu chips instead of Dyson if Deep Red isn't enough. Alternately, if you're still wanting to use Dyson+Underworld, add Rabbit Holes.

I've had a bit of a rethink and I've moved the deck in a slightly different direction....

Runner - Reina Roja

Events -

x3 Easy Mark -

x3 Forged Activation Orders - -

x3 Deja Vu

x3 Lucky Find - -

Hardware -

x3 Deep Red

Programs -

x3 Bishop

x2 Datasucker

x3 Djinn

x2 Knight

x3 Parasite

x3 Rook

x2 Yog.0

x2 Crypsis

Resources -

x3 Armitage Codebusting

x2 Ice Carver

x2 Xanadu

x3 Liberated Accounts

I've noticed in a few of your posts that you put certain cards in decks because a card you would rather have is in another deck.

A solution for casual play would be to make photocopies of cards you know you will use in multiple decks. Then I put a playing card in a card sleeve and the photocopied Netrunner card in with it. That way, I don't have to worry about taking apart the decks I like.

Some good cards to copy:

All the core set consoles.

Corroder

Hedgefund/Sure Gamble/basically all the great economy cards

Datasucker

Femme

Scorched earth/Psychographics/SEA source

Ice Wall/ wall of static/ enigma

You get the idea.