How to crown Conan?

By shnar, in Age of Conan

The rules are a little confusing on this. It says that to Crown Conan, he has to be in your home province at the end of an adventure in the Third Age. But at the end of an adventure, Conan is instantly transported to the destination of the Adventure. That being the case, it is extremely rare that Conan will end an adventure in the home province of the Conan-Player.

Is this right?

-shnar

shnar said:

The rules are a little confusing on this. It says that to Crown Conan, he has to be in your home province at the end of an adventure in the Third Age. But at the end of an adventure, Conan is instantly transported to the destination of the Adventure. That being the case, it is extremely rare that Conan will end an adventure in the home province of the Conan-Player.

Is this right?

-shnar

This has been covered over on BGG (where I see you posted a similar thread):

www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/390236

It''s covered quite well in that link Dam provided, but it's also in the rules. Page 21, first column, first paragraph:

"The Conan player attempts to crown Conan by announcing his attempt to crown Conan before the new adventure card is revealed (or before the end of game scoring starts, if a the end of the fourth adventure). Players should give the Conan player a reasonable amount of time to declare his attempt before moving on."

If a Conan player has Conan taking a detour to the player's home kingdom, he's likely going for the crown. Just give him a minute for the attempt. Succeed or fail, the game is over at that point. If he chickens out on the attempt, continue on with the new adventure, or end game scoring as usual.

Let us know how your subsequent games play out!

TK

Excellent. The thread answered my second question: what happens if the adventure location is your home province, do you get the reward adventure token before you attempt to crown Conan? (answer is yes ;) )

Thanks all, and I *hope* I get to play again soon :)

-shnar

If you try to crown Conan, the game is going to end there - so he's not "teleported" away to start the new adventure from the final point of the previous one.

So, as long as you manage to get Conan, when you control him, into your home province at the end of the adventure, you may try to crown him, no matter which was the final destination of the current adventure.

Well, the rules weren't really clear as to the timing of an Adventure End and of Crowning Conan, hence my question. Even the creator over on BGG admitted that, and has fortunately cleared it up over there (with hopefully an official FAQ coming from FFG :) ).

-shnar