New Sheeles

By ElricOfMelnibone, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

Always felt bad that there were no Creation/Destruction/Necromancy Sheeles...so I fixed this somehow...I hope you like these!

MODIFIED SHEELE TABLE

When summoning the Shelee roll on the following table:

1-10 Light

11-20 Air

21-30 Essence

31-40 Earth

41-50 Fire

51-60 Illusion

61-70 Water

71-80 Darkness

81-85 Creation

86-90 Destruction

91-100 Character’s Choice (but not Creation, Destruction, or Necromancy)

BRAMINE

Bramine are manifestations of Creation Magic. Like their Destruction counterpart, the Kalih, Bramine are extremely rare Sheeles that appear in the world only once in a while. Their appearance is that of Baho little girls with a pale azure skin and a chakra in the middle of their forehead, dressed in ceremonial dress of Baho’s scholar chaste. Their demeanor is always very calm. They don’t speak often, but when they do, they do so with great wisdom that defies their appearance. As a general rule, they are loving and caring toward their master, although they tend to relate more like they would as a parent, then as a child.

BASE CHARACTERISTICS:

Base Attributes: Str 2, Dex 5, Agi 5, Con 4, Int8, Pow9, Wil9, Per6.

Secondary Abilities: Persuasion30, Magic Appraisal70, Medicine60, Science40, Composure50, Art20, Music20, Forge30.

Path Level: Creation 20.

INNATE POWERS:

Mystical Flight: Bramine have a Mystical Flight value of 4.

Lady of Creation: Double Resistance Points of Supernatural Shields employed by Bramine and Life Points healed by her spells.

ENHANCEMENTS:

Avatar of Creation: For 5 turns, the Bramine doubles every numeral on Creation spells cast. This effect does not stack with Lady of Creation, but can be further affected from the Reinforce Magic Spell. After using this ability, the Bramine becomes unable to cast any spell for 5 turns. Activating this ability consumes 100 Zeon from the Master.

Creation Incarnation: The Bramine can at will become an incarnation of Creation with a Regeneration Value of 18, regardless of her constitution. Also, she can generate an aura with a range in meters equal to her Power Bonus Also, she can generate at will an aura with a range in meters equal to her Power Bonus, lasting for one turn. All Creation Spells cast by others within the area are considered as cast at one Casting Level higher, while all Destruction Spells cast by others within the area are considered as cast at one Casting Level lower. Activating this ability has a cost of 20 Zeon.

Defense Advisor: Anyone in contact with the Bramine is granted a bonus of +20 to any Defense or Defensive Projection roll he/she makes.

Elemental Surge: The Bramine makes an attack invisible to all that cannot see magic using her Magic Projection +50. The target of this spell suffers no direct damage if hit, but becomes immediately subject to the effect of a number of Intensities of either Cold, Fire or Electricity equal to the Bramine’s Power Bonus. The number of Intensities is reduced by one for each point of targets AT against the chosen element. This ability has a cost of 250 Zeon.

Glare of Protection: A target within sight of the Bramine and within 50 meters benefits from a bonus to All Resistances equal to the Bramine’s Presence for a number of turns up to her Power value or until deactivated by the Bramine as a Passive Action. Activating this ability has a cost of 50 Zeon and this ability can only be used on a single target at a time.

Improved Abilities: The Bramine gets +40 to her Secondary Abilities. This improvement can be chosen multiple times, but the bonus is reduced to +20 after the first time.

Integrity: The Bramine grants for a turn a bonus equal to her Power to the Fortitude of an object which Presence is equal or lower than double her Presence plus her Power Bonus. Using this ability has a cost of 20 Zeon.

Master of Meditation: The master of the Bramine doubles all effects of Meditation for Zeon, Ki and Free Psychic Points recovery, as long as she is within the control range.

Overwhelming Life: The Bramine projects an explosion of creation power that overwhelms beings disrupting the natural functions of living beings and the structural integrity of inorganic objects. The Bramine makes an attack with a Range equal to her Willpower in meters against all beings and objects not directly in contact with the Bramine and invisible for all those that are unable to see magic. All targets hit by the attack, ignoring AT, must pass a PhR check against a Difficulty equal to double the Bramine’s Presence plus her Power Bonus. Living beings that fail the check are healed by a number of Life Points equal to their Failure Level, objects recover a level of Quality for each 10 points of Failure Level, and structures recover a number of Resistance Points equal to their Failure Level. Living beings, objects and structures that recover more Life Points, Quality Levels or Resistance Points than their maximum suffer the excess as Damage or Quality Level penalties. Creatures recover suffered damage at the rate of Life Points Sacrifice and suffer from an All Action Penalty equal to suffered Damage, recovering at the same rate. Using this ability has a cost of 50 Zeon Points.

Shield Master: The Bramine gets +50 to her Defensive Magic Projection.

KALIH

Kalih are pure beings of Destruction Magic. As rare as the Bramine, Kalih only manifested on Gaia extremely few times. Their appearance is that of Baho little girls with a red skin and a chakra in the middle of their forehead, dressed like Baho’s warrior chaste. Their demeanor is extremely aggressive toward everyone and everything but their own master, toward which they are over protective and jealous. They don’t speak often and when they do, they do so with a ferociousness that defies their appearance. They always suggest to enter a fight whenever a situation escalates even the least bit and unless specifically ordered, they never stop to fight unless they’ve reduced to smithereens everything around them except for their allies.

BASE CHARACTERISTICS:

Base Attributes: Str 4, Dex 5, Agi 6, Con 3, Int8, Pow8, Wil8, Per6.

Secondary Abilities: Intimidate30, Track30, Animals20, Magic Appraisal70, Withstand Pain50, Feats of Strength50, Poison50, Trap Lore20.

Path Level: Destruction 20.

INNATE POWERS:

Mystical Flight: Kalih have a Mystical Flight value of 4.

Lady of Destruction: Double Damage of Attack Spells employed by Kalih and add +40 to MR Difficulty of spells used by the Kalih.

ENHANCEMENTS:

Avatar of Destruction: For 5 turns, the Kalih doubles every numeral on Destruction spells cast. This effect does not stack with Lady of Destruction. When using this ability the Kalih enters a Berserk rage where she cannot discern friends from foes with the exception of her master, unless her master passes a Willpower check against a difficulty of 15. Activating this ability consumes 100 Zeon from the Master.

Blast Master: The Kalih gets +50 to her Offensive Magic Projection.

Destruction Barrier: The Kalih can defend as if employing a Supernatural Shield with a number of Resistance Points equal to 10 times her Presence lasting for a number of turns equal to her Willpower or until broken. Whenever blocking a supernatural attack, the shield completely nullifies it unless the user manages to pass a Power check against a difficulty equal to the Kalih’s Willpower. Physical Objects blocked by the Destruction Barrier must pass a MR check against a difficulty equal to double the Kalih’s Presence or be immediately destroyed. Using this ability has a cost of 150 Zeon.

Destruction Incarnation: The Kalih can at will become an incarnation of Destruction, capable of making 4 Attacks in melee using her Offensive Projection as Attack and her Presence plus Power Bonus as Base Damage. Also, she can generate at will an aura with a range in meters equal to her Power Bonus lasting for one turn. All Destruction Spells cast by others within the area are considered as cast at one Casting Level higher, while all Creation Spells cast by others within the area are considered as cast at one Casting Level lower. Activating this ability has a cost of 20 Zeon.

Glare of Disintegration: A target within sight of the Kalih and within 50 meters must pass a MR check each turn against double her Presence or suffer Damage equal to Failure Level. If inflicted Damage causes a Critical, the Critical Level is increased by a value equal to double the Kalih’s Willpower Bonus. Activating this ability has a cost of 50 Zeon and this ability can only be used on a single target at a time.

Improved Abilities: The Kalih gets +40 to her Secondary Abilities. This improvement can be chosen multiple times, but the bonus is reduced to +20 after the first time.

Offense Advisor: Anyone in contact with the Bramine is granted a bonus of +20 to any Attack or Offensive Projection roll he/she makes.

Sword of Kalih: The Kalih makes an energy-damaging Thrust attack using her Magic Projection +30 and a Base Damage equal to double her Presence plus her Power Bonus, with an AT modifier equal to half her Willpower value. The attack affects all individuals within a line up to her Presence in meters. This ability has a cost of 200 Zeon.

Engine of Eradication: The Master of the Kalih can always spend 100 Zeon whenever she attacks or uses an Attack spell or ability in order to have any Damage she inflicts considered as a Life Points Sacrifice for the purpose of Regeneration.

Wave of Annihilation: The Kalih makes an Energy attack against everything within a range equal to her Presence in meters and not directly in contact with her with a Base Damage equal to three times her Presence and, bonus to any Critical inflicted equal to her Presence and an AT modifier equal to -1 per 10 points of her Presence. Using this ability has a cost of 250 Zeon Points.

SHEELITCH

Seelitch are horrors only talked about amongst most expert occultist and their existence is even believed to be a mere legend by most of those that know about it. There are two theories about these spectral creatures. The first is that Sheelitch are generated by using the Shelee summoning ritual on an Undead (something that only an Undead summoner could normally do), making them a manifestation of whatever obscure these creatures have instead of a Soul, called Deathborn Sheelitch, the second theory is that Sheelitch are generated in the extremely rare case that a Shelee survives the death of her master, hence becoming an Orphan Sheelitch. Strange enough, both these theories are correct, since Sheelitch can be given birth in both these circumstances. These Selee appear as completely pale little girls with white blank eyes and white hair, wearing white rugged clothes. Sometimes Sheelitch own some dark and decayed version of any elemental characteristic the have, like Faren Sheelitch being surrounded by spectral flames or Quinn Sheelitch having some dead dried flowers and plants on their body. Oddly enough it seems like Sheelitch have some “elemental” nature like their normal counterparts. This is easily explained for Orphan Sheelitch, which retain part of their previous nature, but occultists have found no explanation for such phenomenon on Deathborn Sheelitch. Possibly the elemental brand of a soul is somewhat inherited by Undeads as well and manifests when they give birth to a Sheelitch. Still, Sheelitch powers are pretty unique and terrifying. The demeanor of Sheelitch born from undeads is pretty similar to that of their elemental counterpart, but they tend to be more somber and grim. As for Orphan Sheelitch, they are either extremely depressed and grieving or terrifying vengeful spirits that spite all living (most often the second) and extremely dangerous creatures that often fall into the influence of a Dark Court of a Dullahan, where they somewhat substitute their dead master with the Dullahan himself. In the extremely rare occasion that an Orphan Sheelitch dead master is reanimated as an Undead, the Sheelitch will immediately reforge the bond with it, even if the

BASE CHARACTERISTICS:

Base Attributes: As Base Shelee, see below.

Secondary Abilities: As Base Shelee, see below.

Path Level: Necromancy 20.

INNATE POWERS:

Mystical Flight: Sheelitch have a Mystical Flight value of 6.

Deathborn: When summoning a Deathborn Sheelitch, the Undead master must make a roll on the Shelee table as normal. The determined Sheele type is used only for Base Attributes and Secondary Abilities of the Sheelitch (and for its appearance at Game Master’s will).

Magic Drainers: Whenever a Sheelitch inflicts damage by any mean on something that holds Zeon (living, undead or even a Zeon Container), she will drain a quantity of Zeon Points equal to the inflicted damage.

Orphan: When a Sheele master dies, roll a d100 on a roll of 95+, the Shelee survives, but turns into a Sheelitch. She retains her Level, Presence, Projection, Initiative, Life Points, and Resistances. A Sheelitch MA is equal to that of her master at the moment of death and her Zeon reserve is equal to 10 times her Presence. A Sheelitch must substitute all her Elemental specific Improvements with as many chosen Improvements from the Sheelitch list. Also, if the Shelee had a Soul Shape, it will gain the Undead trait. Unless an Orphan Sheelitch finds her previous master in Undead form and reforms the bond with it, she cannot gain any more experience Levels. Orphan Sheelitch cannot become Familiars of other Undead creatures than their previous master. If a Sheelitch finds her previous master and reforges the Shelee bond with it, she restarts functioning exactly like a normal Sheelitch for all that concerns her attributes.

Undead: Sheelitch are considered Undead Creatures and even when using the Soul Shape, the creature they mutate into gains the Undead feature for free.

ENHANCEMENTS:

Bone Armor: The Sheelitch is granted temporary additional Life Points with which to absorb suffered damage (but not self-inflicted Life Points Sacrifice) equal to double her Presence. The additional Life Points last until completely depleted or until a number of turns equal to the Sheelitch’s Willpower have past. Using this ability has a cost of 150 Zeon.

Bone Spirit: The Sheelitch makes an Energy Attack invisible to all unable to see spirits using her Magic Projection +50 and a Base Damage equal to double her Presence plus her Power Bonus. If the spell misses the target, it will keep attacking it during following turns with the same Initiative of the Shelee and a Predetermined Final Attack value equal to that scored originally by the Sheelitch, until either it strikes the target, the target is erased from existence or the Sheelitch is taken out of combat. This ability has a cost of 150 Zeon.

Dance of The Dead: In order to use Dance of The Dead the Sheelitch must declare it before rolling initiative and cannot perform any Active Action during the same turn. When using Dance of The Dead, the Sheelitch obliges all chosen Undead creatures (except for her master) within 50m to take a MR check against a difficulty equal to twice her Presence plus her Willpower Bonus immediately after Initiative is rolled. Those that fail, are under her control for a the full turn. Undeads under the Sheelitch’s control gain an All Action Bonus equal to double her Power Bonus for the full turn. Using this ability has a cost of 300 Zeon.

Howl of The Bansheele: The Sheelitch starts howling affecting every living being within a range equal to her Presence in meters and capable of hearing her. All those affected by this ability must pass an MR check against a difficulty equal to double her Presence or suffer Damage equal to double their Failure Level. Each following turn the Sheelitch keeps using this ability, increase the MR difficulty by 10 and the range by a number of meters equal to her Presence. Targets that can somehow protect their ears can gain a bonus ranging from +10 to +40 to their MR while resisting to this power. The Sheelitch cannot cast spells while using the Howl of The Bansheele, but she can use her other Shelee abilities and maintain previously cast spells. Using this ability has a cost of 50 Zeon Points plus additional cumulative 10 Zeon Points per turn of use after the first.

Improved Abilities: The Sheelitch gets +40 to her Secondary Abilities. This improvement can be chosen multiple times, but the bonus is reduced to +20 after the first time.

Necromancy Mastery: For 5 turns, the Sheelitch gains a bonus to MA she can be transferred as well as MR difficulty of her spells and abilities equal to double her Power Bonus. In order to activate this ability, the Sheelitch must Sacrifice 50 Life Points and spend 250 Zeon points.

Necrotic Renewal: The Sheelitch recovers 10 Life Points per turn regardless of her Regeneration value of 0 as an Undead.

Necrotic Strength: Any undead in physical contact with the Sheelitch is granted the ability to use a number of Fatigue Points up to their Constitution value, as if they had the Use of Necessary Energy ki ability, despite being immune to Fatigue Penalties.

Phylactery: The Sheelitch puts her heart into a container called Phylactery. She cannot be entirely destroyed by any kind of effect until her phylactery is. Even if annihilated, she will reform in the proximity of the phylactery within a daytime.

Vampiric Shade: The Sheelitch can at will become a semi-transparent Vampiric Shade, with the Immaterial power, although she can touch at will anything. While in this state the Sheelitch can try to drain living beings touched or touching the Sheelitch, which must pass a MR check against a difficulty equal to double her Presence or suffer from a Life Drain equal to their Failure Level. Activating this ability has a cost of 20 Zeon.

I like these pretty well, but would like to point out that Avatar of Creation could be used to very easily abuse Chimera.

Once in a lifetime...and characters using Chimera become subject to Summoning Abilities...

True, but that extra DP could be used to buy MR, which makes summoning harder,

I have got to say while i love the idea of more sheeles, expecially ones of creation and destruction, I cannot say they fit in with the standard view for how sheeles are created. I believe, and correct me if I am wrong, the Arcana Exxet gives valid reasoning as to why there are no sheeles of destruction and creation. Don't even get me started on Necromancy, which is the complete and utter perversion of magic itself, which is why it does not have a sheel either. Don't get me wrong I love the idea, well besides the necromancy one.... it just seems wrong, But i could only see it fitting in a different setting other than gaia.

Oh and a good Idea that I would like to see, Hybrid sheeles. For example a sheele born of two paths of magic. Of course they could not be a hybrid of opposite paths, because that makes sense, but they could be ineresting. For example a water/illusion sheele.

Edited by Latoshi

Fire + Darkness = Mini Balrog!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe that somehow creation and destruction could be considered a magic element as much as the others.

As for the Sheelitch, she is a perversion of a Shelee exactly as Necromancy is a perversion of Magic (no living being can, in fact, spawn a Sheelitch, no matter how attuned he/she is to Necromancy).

Nevertheless, I'm going to test this stuff in a distant future, I suppose. Hope this works fine, meanwhile I appreciate negative feedback as much as positive and if you don't feel like these Sheeles fit into your Gaia, it's just fine.

I have got to say while i love the idea of more sheeles, expecially ones of creation and destruction, I cannot say they fit in with the standard view for how sheeles are created. I believe, and correct me if I am wrong, the Arcana Exxet gives valid reasoning as to why there are no sheeles of destruction and creation. Don't even get me started on Necromancy, which is the complete and utter perversion of magic itself, which is why it does not have a sheel either. Don't get me wrong I love the idea, well besides the necromancy one.... it just seems wrong, But i could only see it fitting in a different setting other than gaia.

Actually the Arcana doesn't really give any in depth explanation as to why those three paths cannot spawn sheeles other then the fact that they aren't elemental. "In fact, except for Necromancy, Creation, and Destruction, which by their nature do not support the creation of Sheele, all the Paths of magic can give birth to their own kinds of elemental."

I guess it all depends on whether or not you consider destruction and creation elements of magic.
As for the Sheelitch, I actually find their creation easier to swallow then the other two. I don't exactly see myself using the summoned sheelitch since the undead have no soul to begin with, though I suppose through certain dark rituals they could in fact cheat by ripping a chunk of someone else's soul out for the ritual. Though I would imagine that not only would this be complicated but that it would be a very weak bond.
And as far as the orphan sheelitch, it does say that it is rare so I would assume that in those cases the master happens to die in the presence of necrotic energy which has a tendency to corrupt and taint all that it touches. And since a sheele does have a piece of its master's soul it only makes sense to me that necromancy - an art that corrupts the soul's natural cycle - would be able to influence this.
Edited by Nathaniel Cain