Does excess damage carry over after receiving a wound?

By Iffo, in Warhammer: Diskwars

I wasn't able to find a clear answer to this in the rulebook. I hope I'm missing something obvious here...

So basically if a hero with 5 toughness receives 6 damage from one engagement he gets a wound but does that clear the 6 damage or the last one is left on him? This matters a lot if the hero is in two engagements at once - one deals him 6 damage (thus a wound) and the other one just 4 damage. Carrying over that sixth point of damage from the first one would make the difference between life and death for the hero.

What do you think is correct here?

Thanks.

No ^_^ !

Easy question, easy answer. And that last comment was just added because it felt wrong to post an answer with just one word, a smiley and an exclamation mark.

Thinking about it...here's the rules section: p. 9 (resolving an engagment), p. 10 (wounds and stamina) + p. 21 (wounds) although you have to read between the lines. Doesn't seem to be that easy after all. Just took that always for granted.

Thanks again, Folly!

It's kind of implied but never said explicitly in the rulebook that a wound REPLACES those damage token rather than just being added besides them.

For example in Warhammer: Invasion when a section of your capital is burnt it says something like "immediately remove all damage tokens and place a burn token" ... or whatever. While here it just says that when damage equals or exceeds toughness you immediately receive a wound token (no mention of damage token at all).

Page 10 of a rulebook "When a disk with stamina takes a wound, it is only removed as a casualty if it already has wound tokens on it equal to its stamina. Otherwise remove ALL damage tokens and replace them with a wound token." I am not trying to seem rude, but it actually does say explicitly that you remove all damage tokens. So if you have a toughness 4 hero who takes 3 damage, and then 5 from another attack, he would only take one wound. That is something to keep in mind just as much as your extra damage carrying over.

You're correct Westonard - I totally missed that. I was looking at the section where they describe damage and this gem was hidden in the Stamina description. My bad.

Thanks for the help.