What faction dose what?

By booored, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

FFG likes to have each faction sorta focus on one thing. What would that one thing be these guys?

Obliviously this is just guess work and has no meaning.. no one knows but the NDA beta testers.. still I think it would be interesting to see what others are thinking. Plus we get to talk about the game.

I think IG would be a rush race... and I kind of think if they were knights would it would be really cool. a knight is a type of card that buffs other cards sharing the same keywords. So say you have a 0 attack IG trooper, that adds +1 Attack to all IG Troopers... so 1 might is 1 attack (0+1buff) but 2 out would be 4 attack (0+2buffs each card). This would be good for IG as they focus on mass units in the tabletop supported by heavy artillery. I think this would make a good "focus" for IG.

Orks could also be a good rush deck but I think the cards would be stronger on there own as orks are pretty tough. So I would say strong cards with resource ramping to make them play cheaper.

Chaos... with all that demon summoning.. I think maybe bouncing cards.. things that come into play then bounce back to hand or sac at the end of the turn. Like you summon a bloodletter and it has to remove a counter each turn, when no counters it dies.

Theories -

IG will be Mixed @ the start will be a chuds + heavy equipment deck and try and out shoot there opponent through numbers and low cost units. (later i would like to see an armored core deck develop)

Orcs - I see orcs as the "rush" faction but i dont know how that will translate into the game - Im interested to see how they play - im guessing they will be fuled by bloodlust and will probably combo alot off injured units.

Tau - Shooty shoot shoot shoot

Marines - Combo + All Arounders

Dark Eldar - Rush fast attack tricks, unit movement units that could hop locations min max units that either kill a target outright or just suck.

Eldar - Control - Event cards - psychic powers - medium to high cost units that are glass cannons.

Chaos - Same as marines but with more psychic powers and event cards.

Edited by Magni

IG will be Mixed @ the start will be a chuds + heavy equipment deck and try and out shoot there oponent through numbers and low cost units.

For sure. IG would have tons of equipment.. they could be like a realy good support faction brinign in heavy tanks and stuff for Space Marines and Orc decks.

Tau - Shooty shoot shoot shoot

I dunno, about these guys I know the least about the Tau. All I really know is that they have super advanced technology and all those wired slave race things Kroots or w/e. Still I would expect droids and robots and other more tradition scifi quirkiness.. maybe manifesting in strong control decks

Orcs - I see orcs as the "rush" faction but i dont know how that will translate into the game - Im interested to see how they play - im guessing they will be fuled by bloodlust and will probably combo alot off injured units.

This wouldn't surprise me at all, like more dmg when damaged... they get a lot of their tech from salvage so I think they could have a lot of yard play.. pulling cards from opponents discards and stuff. That'd be cool.

Marines - Combo + All Arounders

I think these will be the hardest to give flavor like the space marines are so fleshed out .. just so many chapters and so much lore.. they can do pretty much anything.. but I think it would suck for them to be all rounders. Though I can see why that fits. We do not really know if they are going to stick with one chapter or what and it is the chapter that will dictate much... I dunno.. this is the faction that can be anything and for that reason it is hard to imagine what it could be

Rush fast attack tricks, unit movement units that could hop locations min max units that either kill a target outright or just suck.

yeah, I was thinking this as well... a kind of "magic" deck. All tricks and manipulation.. changing icons, spawning cards at the point of conflic resolution or removing opponents from battle.. recursion, card draw.. all that kind of stuff.

Eldar - Control - Event cards - psychic powers - medium to high cost units that are glass cannons.

Not sure I agree here, I think Dark Elder more for control and manipulation theme works. Though I was recently thinking about this and thought that it would be awesome to put the webways in it somehow. I know I said bounce effects for Chaos, but I am now changing that to these guys.. Webways.. bouncing cards into battlefield.. telephoning form one planet to the pother at the point of battle.. cool stuff like that.

Chaos - Same as marines but with more psychic powers and event cards.

I think this could be a terrible mistake. It would really suck if these guys where just Space marines with spiky armour. I know I said bounce effects before.. now I am thinking Sacrifice effects... things like playing a ritual card and sacing cultists to it, or healing your main hero by killing things stuff like that.. death of foes or friends just as positive for chaos! But yeah, I am thinking sacrifice effects for this one.

Edited by booored

I believe I saw somewhere that the Orks have a keyword of Brutal. Which will pump their STR for each damage on the unit. So I could see a build-up beatstick deck out of them. Much like Stark armies in GoT. Big armies to smash in through military.

I could see Tau as having some kind of ability that allows them to attack adjacent sites or something.

yeah I think Elder might have something like that as well with WebWays...

from what i read in the description orks get some orks get stronger after taking damage chaos de direct damage eldar are mobile and incapacitate enemy units and tau buff their units with attachments

As for my guesses i think

eldar will be good at the command strugle but weaker in direct combat and try to steal early command/combat wins

Orks will excell in combat and try to build a great waaagh! around the warlord

IG will have cheep units to spread around and gain resorces/cards from uncontested command strugles and then swarm the table

Tau will have weak troops but great attachments allowing troops to spcalize after deployment

SM will try and kill enemy units early in combat

Chaos will kill/corrupt enemy units outside combat

Not sure about DE

Edited by smeehee

DE will probably involve alot of discard and straight unit kill cards.

I would like DE to get some kind of retreat punishment i.e. enemy loses a unit and DE get resorces if the enemy retreats to represent the DE enslaving the survivors

Edited by smeehee