New Style Modules.

By Michael_The, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

After the release of the Dominus Exxet Martial Arts where given a massive upgrade while Style Modules where left sadly lacking. Because of this the class of Weapon-master was left with near to no late game abilities making it one of the weakest classes. What I wanted to with this topic is to see if we could improve the late game ability's of anyone who doesn't want to go into ki, magic or psychic by improving/making new Style Modules. One of the ideas i had was Style Modules Trees.

Here is an example:

Mounted Combat:

Requirements: 60 Ride

Once per combat turn whenever a your mount is targeted by an attack, you can use your Ride ability instead of your mounts defence ability.

30DP

Ride-By Attack:

Requirements: Mounted Combat Style Module, 100 Ride.

Once per combat turn your mount can move at its full movement value as a passive action. You may make attacks at any point during this movement gaining the bonuses for charging.

40DP

Mounted Shield:

Requirements: Mounted Combat Style Module, 100 Ride.

When you are astride your mount equipped with a shield, your mount counts as being equipped with the same shield gaining its bonuses against melee and ranged attacks. This includes bonuses for quality.

40DP

Powerful Charge:

Requirements: Ride-By Attack and Mounted Combat Style Modules, 200 Ride.

Once every 5 turns, whenever you make a charge attack you may declare it to be a powerful charge. When you declare that you wish to mount a Powerful charge, the character obtains a special bonus to your Attack and damage equal to 1/10 (round down at multiples of 5) of your Ride Secondary Ability.

50DP

Mounted Mastery:

Requirements: Mounted Shield and Mounted Combat Style Modules, 200 Ride.

You may use the effects Mounted Combat up to half your agility score per turn, rounding up.

50DP

Godlike Charge:

Requirements: Powerful Charge, Ride-By Attack and Mounted Combat Style Modules, 300 Ride.

Once per combat, the you can make a special charge attack. To do so, you must ride in a straight line for at least a full turn. Then, gaining the bonuses from Powerful Charge, you move 500 feet forward in a straight line (in the direction you were going in the previous turn), attacking everyone along your path with your full Attack Ability.

60DP

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Thank you. :)

*claps* Wonderful! I have been thinking about doing something with mounted characters myself, but you hit the nail on the head. However, might I suggest a change to powerful charge? As what is currently in place can be abused with relative ease by a player who tries. Instead how about doubleing the bonuses to attack from charging and adding the mounts strength to the base damage, along with the players strength of course. This way it seems less dependant on the rider themself and more dependant on the mount and rider being a team. Also it could be an added benifit to remove the penalty to defenses for charging on said powerful charge. Godlike charge is very good as well, but I would have the range of movement dependant on the mounts movement, and of course add the mounts strength to the damage roll as well.

These are just my opinions on the matter. Overall I absolutely love the concept and idea! Thank you for this contribution.

Edit: When I was refering to adding the mounts STR to damage, I meant in addition to the bonus already in place for charges detailed in mounted combat. (I.E. adding another multiple double becomes triple etc.)

Edited by Latoshi

its been a long time since i last posted. but, here is some new stuff!!! ENJOY!

Take A Breath:

A character learns to take use the breaks in combat to rest their body for the coming fight. Effect: Characters with this module are able to forsake the ability to take active actions this combat turn to instead recover a fatigue point for every 20 base presence they possess. Weapon masters with this module may ignore the requirements for the ‘Use of Necessary Energy’ ki ability.

Requirements: Con 8, 60 in any two Athletics or Vigor skills.

Cost: 40 DP

Defensive Breathing:

Even when under enemy assault the character learns to conserve movement and rest their body.

Effect: a character with this module when on the defensive may forsake the active actions they would have gained this turn to use the ‘Take A Breath’ style module.

Requirements: Take A Breath, Withstand Pain 80.

Cost: 30 DP

Brutal Blow:

Characters trained in this style use effort to make their strikes as powerful as possible, cleaving through anything in there way.

Effect: A character with this module may spend fatigue points to increases the damage of an attack by 10 per point spent.

Requirements: Str 8, Feats of Strength 60.

Cost: 30

Unbowed:

The character has trained to master the use of armor to such a degree that weapons that would cleave through their armor like a knife through butter, instead glance of harmlessly due to superior positioning and training.

Effect: When targeted by an attack action a character with this module may spend 4 fatigue points (this goes towards that characters stamina spending limit for that turn), if they do that characters armor counts as having the ‘Unmodifiable’ advantage (pg 59 DE) for that combat turn.

Requirement: Wear Armor 240, Use of Necessary Energy, Inhuman.

Cost: 50

War Cry:

The character unleashes a great and terrible cry of war to strike fear in their enemies.

Effect: As an active action a character may unleash a war cry. Individuals effected by the war cry must pass a resistance check using only their base presence, although they may apply bonuses from the Composure secondary ability. The difficulty of the check is equal to the users presence. The difficulty of the check is also effected by the size difference of the creatures involved, for every 5 size points the user has above those effected the difficulty of the check increases by 10. For every 5 size points the user has below those effected the difficulty of the check drops by 20. Beings that have 30 or more presence then the user are unaffected by war cry. On a failure level of 0 to 30 the effected creature takes a -10 to all actions. On a failure level of 31 to 60, the effected creatures suffer the fear state. On a failure level of 61 or more the effected creature suffers the terror state. War cry has a range in feet equal to the users presence times 15. Those who have been effected or have resisted the effect, can not be effected by war cry again the same combat.

A character using war cry may use stamina points to make the check for war cry more difficult or to increase the range. For each stamina point spent the character can increase the difficulty check by 15 or count their presence at 10 higher for calculating the range.

Requirements: Will 8, intimidate 100.

Cost: 40 DP

Edited by Michael_The