Looks a lot like Blood Bowl team manager

By ikim, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

I might be wrong, but from what I read, the game (mind you, not the gameplay) looks like Bloodbowl Team manager, Which is an implementation of Knizia's Battle Line: 2 factions, fighting over objectives, placed in the middle.

Nothing new here... Moving along...

If it were coop, on the other hand... ;-)

Don't let the door hit you...

We know next to nothing about this game... I would really like to know how you know that this is blood bowl re-skinned?

I'm no slapy. I don't know that I will buy this game, but knowing part of the game set up, very basic mechanics, and a couple of cards doesn't tell us what we are looking at.

Snap judgement at its finest.

Sure it looks like it borrows some gameplay element from other card games but it's nowhere like any of those out right now.

It shares some visual/setup ressemblance to Bloodbowl and Call of Cthulhu but it sure don't feel like it's playing like those at all from reading the first preview.

Good bye ikim, good bye :P

If you generalize that ridiculously far, then most games sound the same. Oh look, two sides competing to beat each other. Ho hum, I think I've seen that before.

I'm pretty sure there is no significant similarity to Bloodbowl: Team Manager.

Already responded to your thread about this on BGG, you are pretty much completely wrong. I'm sorry that you decided to write off this game before you even had a chance to read the rules. I also don't understand why everyone seems to be obsessing over the idea of making the Co-Op. If you wanted Co-Op you shouldn't have complained about the first version of SW:LCG.

PS, why does everyone feel the need to post the exact same post word for word on here and on BGG?

no it doesn't.. these "look like" threads are so ignorant. Ohh it is like coc, oh it is like blood bowl... no it isn't like any of those games... not even close.

If anything it plays just like The Convoy by Ignacy Trzewiczek. You have 5 city zones between players and the left most zone is the active zone that has battles, but you are free to play units to the future zones. Whoever wins the current battle triggers a winning condition of the zone like kill an enemy unit or move a unit to another zone, and then you draw two cards. All of those elements were mentioned in the press release and the product page for Conquest. And I don't care, lol. I like the system so it's interesting to see it on a larger scale. *shrug*