Berzerker +5 WS, +5 S

Chosen +5 WS or BS, +5 S or T

Dark Apostle +5 WP, +5 Fel

Night Lords Chaos Marine +5 S, +5 WP

Noise Marine +5 BS, +5 Per

Plague Marine +5 T, +5 WP

Sorcerer +5 Int, +5 WP

Thousand Sons Sorcerer +5 WP, +5 Fel

Starting Wounds: As in their description + starting unmodified TB( ie + the TB after rolling stats and applying Motivations, Unnatural Toughness do not count. My group thought speesh mahreens were slightly to squishy as written )

Special Abilities Any special abilities which normally grant

a Talent such as Psy Rating no longer does,

all other bonuses and penalties still apply.

Alpha Legion Chaos Marine As in Tome of Fate

Berzerker As in Tome of Blood

Chosen Cold Killer, Veteran*

Dark Apostle As in Tome of Excess

Night Lords Chaos Marine As in Tome of Blood

Noise Marine As in Tome of Excess

Plague Marine Feels No Pain, Miasma of Pestilence

Sorcerer Dark Pact*, Sorcerer

Thousand Sons Sorcerer As in Tome of Fate

Dark Pact:

The Sorcerer gains the Unnatural Willpower +2 trait, this WP bonus does not count

towards maximum Psy Rating. Also he may spend 1 Infamy Point to ignore the automatic Psychic Phenomenon for Pushing. The Sorcerer gains 1d5 Corruption Points.

Veteran: (Or some such)

Not sure yet...

Experience:

Forego the normal Skill and Talent gain for Archetypes, instead spend 6000 experience on Skills and Talents, remember psykers start with 0 Psy Rating and no Psychic Powers, these must be bought. Check for Alignment after having spent 4000 experience points. Any “Cult” Archetypes must end up Aligned to the corresponding Dark God, ie Nurgle for Plague Marines for example.

Only one tier 3 Talent may be bought as part of character creation and it must be Allied to the characters appropriate Devotion, if any.

The exception to this rule is Psy Rating, which may be bought as many times as the Psyker wants.

Dark Pact seems a bit too good based on the things I just imagined myself doing with it (I'd go Sorcerer in a heartbeat).

Going about experience that way seems interesting — though I'm unsure what kind of issues it might cause, balance or otherwise.

I feel the different archetypes should have atleast some kind of skill/talent package to make them more "their own". Otherwise it's just the special abilities that might set two characters apart. Setting the scene, so to speak. Especially important to the more iconic archetypes, what you just can't see one of those not having. Like Charm or Forbidden Lore (book of lorgar) for the Dark Apostles.

Edited by BrotharTearer

Personally I imagine most "fluff aware" people would choose a few skills and talents that go hand in hand with their chosen Archetype... And my group is pretty fluff aware for the most part, so I did not worry to much about that bit. And in my up coming BC campaign i'm pretty big on ambition for each individual "champion", no ambition = no infamy.

I also intend to implement a house-rule about the Anointed/Bringer of a Compact gains alot more Infamy than the rest of the group, to encourage said ambitions... The rest may only gain Infamy due to their actions and personal goals, and not as a reward for the compact itself.

As for the Dark Pact power... Was going for that bit of fluff in the Codices about many Sorcs making pacts with Daemons for more power, not entirely sure how to handle it. Kinda seemed fitting to shunt over a potential Peril on your daemon patron, either that or allow them to "Push harder" in some way.

So far its mostly just thoughts running around my head though. Still have a little more than a week to finalize stuff.