Battle of the (war)bands

By LaughingCorpse2, in Black Crusade Game Masters

So i had an idea for a campaign where the party is a music band touring the galaxy possibly set Alt-40k unverse and was wondering what peoples thoughts were on such a things viablility.

So an entire group of Noise marines then?

not neccasarily you'd need vocals.... and they might want to appeal to audiences other then those noise marines would appeal to, maybe a round of soothing orchestral tunes. insert image of flaming skulled chosen playing harpsicord

Noise Marines not good enough to be on vocals?!?

Hey hey, the Noise Marines use the Doom Siren for a reason..

Screw the audience, its all about the art! :)

This sounds like unmitigated awesome. If it were at all possible I'd ask you to sign me up.

Key things to consider are style of music, what conflicts there'd be, whether it's battle music, LITERAL battle music, or some kind of summoning ritual. Also, wouldn't it be more fun in the straight 40k verse for these crazy rockers to bust in, start laying down a jam, and everyone around them is like 'But heresy!' and they're all like 'E minor chords!' etc.? Just my opinion, though.

Glad everyone likes the idea i dont think ill be running anything like this for a goodly while as i think it will require a lot of work for planning and such. i was thinking BC rather then DH or RT as the mutation mechanic would go lovely with the music all those tentacles to play more strings and appearance mutations for the cosmetics just seems to go well. i admit i did toy with the idea of a DW dance/ acapalla group campaign.

Heh, well in my DW campaign I did have a Techno Heretek Tech-Marine attack the party with a giant partly necron-based mixtable, so it does kinda work in DW. Still remember that as one of the most fun combats I've run.

I totally love the idea, had a similiar one myself a while ago, which I never ran though.

And you don't need a noise marine to have a cool band, I could imagine an apostate entrancing and enrapturing audiences with their quixotic alluring voice or psykers manipulating the warp to create new and indescribable sounds. Hell Hereteks could turn themselves into living instruments.

You've also got the capacity to obtain bizarre techno-arcane instruments or otherworldly xenos artifacts creating music that affects all 5 senses at once etc.

The opportunities are limitless and if you successfully create a new brand of music you are guaranteed to be a big hit in Tarnor at least.

Edited by Amroth