Feedback Screech

By aristodeimos, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Does a Tech Priest have to roll a Willpower Save against his own Feedback Screech?

I've always assumed not.

Unfortunately, my Gamemaster is "assuming" it does. Pretty much makes the ability useless especially with nothing in the Gear Section that protects you from sonic attacks.

Well, if that's the direction your GM wishes to go, may I sugest your character invests in some Good Quality Cyber Hearing. This will give you a +20 to resist attacks on your hearing (and give you hightened senses (hearing)) which is better then nothing and, hopefully , your GM isn't stingy with the cash or with you liberating services or equipment for the inquisition.

Edit: and while you're waiting to be able to get the cyber hearing, your character can always put an ice pick through each ear drum. Sure, he will have to learn to read lips and be extra cautious when crossing the road, but he'll be able to feedback screatch 'till his hearts content ;-)

Nice! If (when) my character gains enough insanity points to reach Disturbed, I'll have to remember the icepick to the ears!

Cyber-hearing...I missed that one. Thanks. Won't help the rest of the party...but who cares!?!

I think its extremely harsh to expect you to take a test to resist your own actions. If your character knows what the sound is and that he is preparing himself to make it, there should be no reason why it should affect you.

craigpearson81 said:

I think its extremely harsh to expect you to take a test to resist your own actions. If your character knows what the sound is and that he is preparing himself to make it, there should be no reason why it should affect you.

Really think that is up to the GM. Appeal to him/her. Present solutions, not just complaints (I love when my players do this, they are part of the story!)

-cloth stuffed in ears (-10 to awareness type rolls, etc. but +10 bonus to resist stuff like this)

-Tech priest can modify micro beads or helmets to filter this kind of noise (+10 to +60 depending on skill roll and materials)