Stark deck

By Mig el Pig, in 4. AGoT Deck Construction

Opened my second core set today( Got 2 core sets and 1 each of every chapter of clash of arms and started making my first decks.

The decks were designed with melee in mind but it's still very viable in 1on1. I tried a very aggresive military approach(with power options) and some good(and cheap) defense. The abundant claim combined with mil threat should be able to be remain a threat during the game (in most mp games the stark seem to perform the worst with the start decks since he couldn't knock out enough opposition.)

Plot

Mutual Blackmail

Mutual Cause

The Power of arms*2

Fury of the wolf

Herding the masses

Rains of autumn

Characters: 28

2 Eddard Stark

2 Robb Stark

2 Catelyn Stark

2 Arya Stark

2 Sansa Stark

2 Grey Winds

2 Shaggy dog

2 Ser Rodrick Cassel

1 Jory Cassel

2 Greatjon Umber

1 Old Nan

2 Hodor

1 Dacey Mormony

2 Knight of the Tumblestone

2 Warhost of the north

1 King robb's Host

Locations: 15

3 Narrow Sea

3 Northern Fiefdoms

3 Great Keep

2 Godswood

1 gates of Winferfell

1 Winterfell castle

1 street of steel

1 Lord Eddard's Chambers

Events: 11

3 Distinct Mastery

2 Winter is coming

2 Guilty

1 King in the North

2 Lethal Counter attack

1 to be a wolf

Attachments:6

2 Summer

2 nymeria

2 Ice

Might drop a Summer for another King in the north

Plot - interesting idea, i think it is good for melee, but i worry about the gold a tad bit in 1v1. could easily be fixed by swapping out one of the mutual's in 1v1 though.

Mutual Blackmail

Mutual Cause

The Power of arms*2

Fury of the wolf

Herding the masses

Rains of autumn

Characters: 28 - some might scream about the dupes, especially the number of them, but for ed, robb, arya, and sansa it makes sense. Not sure if you need 2 rdricks, greatjons, or hodor. Also Warhost of the north is a waste of time in your deck, especially with the low gold plots. Sticking with your purchase choices look into Vanguard Scouts or Wolf Herald. If you want to buy one other Chapter pack i'd look at the refugees of War Chapter pack. The house bolton refugee is a great way to lower your gold curve and gives Stark more int icons without costing them military icons.

2 Eddard Stark

2 Robb Stark

2 Catelyn Stark

2 Arya Stark

2 Sansa Stark

2 Grey Winds

2 Shaggy dog

2 Ser Rodrick Cassel

1 Jory Cassel

2 Greatjon Umber

1 Old Nan

2 Hodor

1 Dacey Mormony

2 Warhost of the north

1 King robb's Host

Locations: 15 - solid. though i'm not solid on Gates of winterfell without a focus on stalwart characters. Also, maybe drop a Great Keep for a Street of Sisters.

3 Narrow Sea

3 Northern Fiefdoms

3 Great Keep

2 Godswood

1 gates of Winferfell

1 Winterfell castle

1 street of steel

1 Lord Eddard's Chambers

Events: 11 -kind of a mosh pit of events here. i'd switch out the 3 distinct mastery for 2 more To be a wolf and 1 guilty

3 Distinct Mastery

2 Winter is coming

2 Guilty

1 King in the North

2 Lethal Counter attack

1 to be a wolf

Attachments:6 - i'd drop the dupes and put in 1 or 2 bodyguards and 1 or 2 icy catapults (obviously only equaling 3 total) or you could do one of each of those and another king in the north since you want 2 of those.

2 Summer

2 nymeria

2 Ice

Might drop a Summer for another King in the north

Plots: For Stark, I'm a big fan of Snowed Under to eliminate my opponent's characters that have duplicates or attachments that save attached (Nymeria, Lightbringer, especially). Stark kill can get bogged down by either of those cards. Think of it as an two claim plot in disguise.

Chars: I would consider dropping the Grey Winds entirely. I use him occasionally, but he is super expensive. You'd be better served with some Direwolf Pups.

Events: I'd switch out the Kings in the North for Distraction, and possibly run two copies of Distraction. It can be brutal with Stark's high claim. I've found Stark's hand doesn't generally survive well into Dominance, so I don't normally even get a chance to play KiN.

Ok revised it a bit.

Plot
Mutual Blackmail
Mutual Cause
The Power of arms
Fury of the wolf
Herding the masses
Rains of autumn
The Power of Blood(snowed under and noose and swordpoint remain an option though)

Characters: 28
2 Eddard Stark
2 Robb Stark
2 Catelyn Stark
2 Arya Stark
2 Sansa Stark
2 Grey Winds(mainly keep
2 Shaggy dog
2 Ser Rodrick Cassel
1 Jory Cassel
2 Greatjon Umber
1 Dacey Mormony
1 King robb's Host
3 Vanguard Scouts(might change those in House umber berserkers since my initative is a bit on the mediocre side)
2 Wolf Herald

Locations: 15
3 Narrow Sea
3 Northern Fiefdoms
3 Great Keep
2 Godswood
1 Gates of Winferfell (gonna see how it turns out)
1 Winterfell castle
1 street of steel
1 Lord Eddard's Chambers
Events: 12
2 Winter is coming
2 Guilty
2 King in the North
2 Lethal Counter attack
1 to be a wolf
2 Distraction
1 Compelled by the north

Attachments:5 (bodyguard is in my lannister deck)
1 Summer
1 nymeria
1 Ice
2 Icy Catapult

Thanks for the advice will certainly try out some of the other options Might change Greywind with the berserkes, they more or less fullfill the same role., or those Bolton refugees. (Refugees of war and scattered armies seem to have less cards that revolve around the winter/summer mechanic so they are next on my list. I've got nothing against it but it's an aspect i'll wait to introduce to the game(same with epic battles) My playgroup will have to adjust to the beefed up decks so I think it's better to leave those 2 aspects alone for a while)

In my own opinion, I would not play more than the two Guilty! 's mainly because there are only 6 cards to pull it off since its rare to come across 3 influence and also since those characters could be the only thing standing in your opponents way. The attachments i would actually consider playing two of at least for Nymeria. For instance, I manage to distract your person with nymeria and i have the plot A Change of Tides (I think? close enough) which says if its winter or summer and I win a challenge i can reveal a new plot and i switch over to Snowed Under it drops off your one and only Nymeria. Speaking of Snowed Under and the Bolton Refugees its very easy to sit there and return your 0 cost refugee (assumng it is still alive) and then play it again next turn. Just something for you to think about.

If you run 1 gates you have to run building season and wolf heralds otherwise i find it to be a waste of time in my deck. I'm new but thats my 2 cents