Tome of Chaos Undivided

By Chaplain, in Black Crusade

Vehicle and ship rules. I think all of us want the ability to build our fleets and score personal transports. How many of us would like to roll in a land raider.

More Gifts/Mutations... The current list is short and awfully boring, with most useful Gifts only becoming good if you align yourself. Then again I invent new Gifts all the time, or just borrow from Tome of Corruption. There should also be a generic Rewards of the Gods table that any and all Heretics can roll on IMO...

More reasons to stay Unaligned, currently the only real reason is Exalted Psychic Powers...

Sons of Malice!! And maybe a better name for Malice...

More Gifts/Mutations...

As someone who still has copy of Slaves to Darkness (roll D1000 for mutation table) I wholeheartedly agree with this.

I'd like to rules for a recently fallen imperial. So a marine would come with his full armor plus whatever he stole - losing relative xp and other class powers as part of the cost. An inquisitor still has his badge of office rossette.

Stats for a surviving sons of horus.

1) Significantly more gifts/mutations, such as d100 tables for each specific god.

2) Reasons to stay Unaligned when you're not a Psyker.

3) General filler content for everything in the Core Rulebook.

4) Malal and other minor chaos gods.

Mostly, I'd like to see a general expansion to the Core Rulebook that specifically isn't specific to any one major Chaos God, unless all major Chaos Gods are represented.

But before a Tome of Chaos Undivided, I'd like to see at least one major Campaign. Black Crusade is sorely neglected when it comes to these things. I realize that they wanted to make one major book for each Chaos God, but it would probably have been better to have a general expansion book at first, and then alternate between a major Chaos God book and a storyline/campaign book.

Excuse me, Amroth, but isn't Malal retconned out of the fluff just like the Squats?

Yeah, he is. The only references to Malal come in incredibly oblique ways, such as the Sons of Malice Chapter, and the Dreadaxe. That sort of thing.

BYE

There are other renegade chaos Gods that have not been retconned officially though, such as Necoho and Zuvassin. They are just not as well known as Malal

I have both Slaves to Darkness and Lost and the Damned books and put together a home brewed mutations and a gift of the gods table for BC. It is a paper copy but can scan it and share if people are interested?

I have both Slaves to Darkness and Lost and the Damned books and put together a home brewed mutations and a gift of the gods table for BC. It is a paper copy but can scan it and share if people are interested?

Hell yeah I would be interested in that for sure!

Heard you got good Mutations :ph34r:

Vehicle and ship rules. I think all of us want the ability to build our fleets and score personal transports. How many of us would like to roll in a land raider.

Not necessarily the same as Rogue Trader, but some sort of 'naval battle' narrative rules would be good (I guess you can just use and abuse the massed combat rules, though). Running a 'proper' planetary assault would be cool. Although there are supposedly 'rules for running a black crusade' in 'tome of decay', so there is yet hope (ironic that it's in the book of nurgle!)

The void combat rules in rogue trader are more than good enough to import into black crusade. New ones would be a waste of development time.

The void combat rules in rogue trader are more than good enough to import into black crusade. New ones would be a waste of development time.

In this, I agree with Traejun.

True enough, it might be better for FFG to put out a small supplement covering void travel and combat for BC fans who don't have or are not interested in acquiring RT.

Really no development time required, just bring the rules over with same minor tweaks (.i.e. using Sorcerers in place of navigators or even rules for corrupted navigators).

That way we can keep the full Nurgle Tome for more Nurgly stuff.

Regardless of whether it appears as either a book chapter in a tome of chaos undivided or as a supplement in its own right I would like to the black crusade equivalent of Dark Heresy 1st edition's Disciples of the Dark Gods so it could detail any particularly special threats that the games master might want to throw at the player characters such as chaos cults that don't play nice with rivals or organisations that are in fact xenos influenced such as the Amarinthine syndicate or imperial organisations.

Alternatively if the games master decided to run a black crusade game where the player characters find themselves under attack and have no choice but flee they could also be used as a potential nemesis.

Excuse me, Amroth, but isn't Malal retconned out of the fluff just like the Squats?

[...]

Is he actually retconned out of the fluff, or has he just not been mentioned for years? There's a pretty big difference between the two, when it comes to 40k fluff. The squats, for example, were never retconned, afaik. They just suffered a near-wipe-out as part of a retcon event and were then never mentioned. They still existed, and always have.

There are Chaos Ogryn in Deathwatch.

There are Chaos Ogryn in Deathwatch.

But what Deathwatch book are they in?

I'd love to see Black Crusade rules for Ogryns, Ratlings, Squats and other abhumans. It should be fairly easy, considering that Black Crusade already has a modular approach, where you actually choose Race before Archetype.

It's even a bit strange that it is modular like that, considering that Humans can only choose Human Archetypes, and CSM can only choose CSM Archetypes. If they never intended to add more Races, why weren't the Human/CSM aspects simply baked into the Archetypes themselves to begin with?

Edited by Fgdsfg
It's even a bit strange that it is modular like that, considering that Humans can only choose Human Archetypes, and CSM can only choose CSM Archetypes. If they never intended to add more Races, why weren't the Human/CSM aspects simply baked into the Archetypes themselves to begin with?

Freedom of design for any later decissions?

Modular design makes sense.

Is he actually retconned out of the fluff, or has he just not been mentioned for years? There's a pretty big difference between the two, when it comes to 40k fluff. The squats, for example, were never retconned, afaik. They just suffered a near-wipe-out as part of a retcon event and were then never mentioned. They still existed, and always have.

IIRC guy who ownes rights for Malal quit his adventure with GW along with those rights.

Guess GWs lawyers were just Rank 2 back then.

Freedom of design for any later decissions?

Modular design makes sense.

IIRC guy who ownes rights for Malal quit his adventure with GW along with those rights.

Guess GWs lawyers were just Rank 2 back then.

I would like to see partial alignment rules.

My character is unaligned, because although she has bought mostly Tzeentch-aligned advances, she also has a lot of Slaanesh-aligned advances. She has very few Nurgle or Khorne advances.

Tzeentch and Slaanesh are allies, surely this ought to do something even if it's a token gesture. Maybe, for example, only one of their infamy bonuses and both infamy drawbacks (Page 305 core)

Right out of the door. MORE EQUIPMENT. Where the heck are my plague sprayers? More then one single option for style of most of the weapons would be nice as well. Some stats for new SM gear so that you can have it around for players to hunt down or try and steal. Vehicles. Few more Cybernetics would be nice as well.

I mean we are playing Chaos characters where they mention Warpsmiths and Hereteks making new weapons, modding equipment in new and diverse ways and yet we dont have more then a few new style weapons that are thematic to a God. Some kind of upgrade/modiffy rules for weapons other then the legacy/deamon ones would be nice.

I feel we should wait and see what tome of decay gives us before knowing exactly what this book could offer.

I would like more bionics (but I could see that fitting into the nurlge book). I want every chapter of chaos space marines to have rules, (we have 6 now, Tome of decay is meant to have 3 csm archetypes which would be 9 - but one is apparently long war vetaran, which applies to all of them!).

I would like rules for taking bionics instead of mutations.

I definitely think more mutations and more gifts of the gods are needed, more gear too.

I don't think we'll be getting anything after tome of decay at all though.

@Rapier

Tome of Decay Announced

Here's a link for you. About halfway on that page we start to talk about what Tome of Decay contained.

They haven't got the book to England I see if you haven't got you hands on it.

@Rapier

Tome of Decay Announced

Here's a link for you. About halfway on that page we start to talk about what Tome of Decay contained.

They haven't got the book to England I see if you haven't got you hands on it.

So which CSM chapter is left out? :P That#s what I want in the next book.