1st Avitohol Scouts- Mission 1: The Growth

By William232, in Only War Fan Fiction and War Stories

http://avitohol.weebly.com/

Our home has been taken by the green menace. Those of us who were taken off the planet by the Imperial Guard have sworn to return, and reclaim Avitohol for ourselves and the Empire to which we swear allegiance. Join us sibling! Bring honor to those we left behind, and help us reclaim Avitohol!

Welcome to the after action reports of our Only War game, played weekly, on roll20.

The squad:
- Demetria Astraidoros, Sergeant
- Natalia, Commissar
- Alek Tedric, Stormtrooper
- Serratt, Operator
- Romeo, Psyker
- Adel Teclim, Medic

On a nameless jungle moon occupied by the Severn Dominate far away from their home planet, the second squad of 1st Platoon is sent to locate an old Imperial Guard fire base that hasn’t been operational for over eighty years. Something now calls this base home. Something… with a taste for human blood.

Lord Inquisitor Anton Zerbe,

I pray to the Emperor of Mankind that He continues to bless you with steady wisdom and health.

My friend, I am forwarding you further information in regards to the xenos encountered within the Scarus/Calixis Corridor. As stated in my initial report, the xenos species is the same encountered by the 2nd Cosflame Light Mounted eighty years previous during the Eldar incursions that plagued that area at that time. This time the xenos we know as the Kethaslu was first met by a squad of Imperial Guardsman hailing from the lost world of Avitohol. From the first report I have linked, written by the sanctioned psyker named Romeo C. Exxet, we can clearly see that these common soldiers are very far from the kind of efficient Deathwatch kill teams we are used to employing against xenos threats such as these. Never the less, as noted in the second report by the same sanctioned psyker, the team rather clumsily achieved far more success than expected. By the grace of He who sits on the Golden Throne, these brave Guardsmen achieved more than our previous attempts ever came close to!

There is another matter, Lord Inquisitor. That is the meddling of Inquisitor Jimar Haries. I do not question his honor, or his intentions, rather his timing and his place. This is a matter for Ordo Xenos. I understand Ordo Hereticus' reasoning for being involved in the rebellion, yet Haries' actions were directed toward the Kethaslu. I have tried to be reasonable, but my patience with the young Inquisitor is starting to wear thin. It's bad enough that Ordo Malleus is trampling around this entire region of space to find that blasted Chaos renegade Griss Lonerunner. What I am getting at, Lord Inquisitor, is that the Holy Inquisition serves nobody when we are at such unworkable odds.

Despite these setbacks, it looks like progress is being made in ridding humanity of the Kethaslu once and for all. If Imperial Guard units like this are as successful--or lucky--as these lads and lasses were, we should see and end to them very soon. Emperor willing.

Emperor's Peace be with you,

Inquisitor Van Vuygens, Ordo Xenos

01feb14.png

08feb14.png

Edited by William232