Burning The Adventure Deck Query

By Ancient Virus, in Talisman Rules Questions

Hi all,

I've played about 5-6 games now with the base deck of Adv cards and the Firelands Exp but I'm not sure if I'm burning cards from the deck correctly.

When an adv or enemy (Ifrit) card instructs you to burn the top three cards or so of the adv deck, do you just burn the top three immediately without taking into account whether any of them are actually fireproof?

I've been playing it that you just burn all of them as if your not actually looking at the face of the card prior to burning it, just that it's one of three from the top of the deck.

Hope I've set this out so it's understandable.

Any comments, advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

No, you only burn those that are ordinary cards, and not fireproof.

So, you are instructed to burn the top three which are - Ifrit Gold, Eternal Talisman and Bag of Gold - you would only burn the Bag of Gold.

Thanks talismanisland, I was hoping you'd impart some of your legendary wisdom and save me from my foolish mistakes. Tonights game shall be played correctly as a result, thanks again.

Edited by Ancient Virus

"If an effect causes a player to burn a number of cards from a

deck, he reveals that many cards from the top of the deck, sets
aside all cards with the fireproof symbol, and burns all the
remaining cards. Then, he shuffles all the cards he set aside
and places them back on top of the deck." (Firelands, p. 2)

"If an effect causes a player to burn a number of cards from a

deck, he reveals that many cards from the top of the deck, sets

aside all cards with the fireproof symbol, and burns all the

remaining cards. Then, he shuffles all the cards he set aside

and places them back on top of the deck." (Firelands, p. 2)

Thanks Dam, I did take time to read the rules and its not like me to miss something, although I obviously did on this occasion.

Perhaps you were suffering from a virus, an ancient one possibly?

Ok, so... imagine a world! A world where a player lands on a space that instructs that very player to draw 2 cards. Now let's say that the 1st card is an event that instructs the player to "burn all the cards on this space then burn 3 cards from the top of the Adventure Deck" and the 2nd card that was drawn is an object. My question to you all is this. Would the object that was drawn but not encountered yet be burned as though it were "on this space"??

Ok, so... imagine a world! A world where a player lands on a space that instructs that very player to draw 2 cards. Now let's say that the 1st card is an event that instructs the player to "burn all the cards on this space then burn 3 cards from the top of the Adventure Deck" and the 2nd card that was drawn is an object. My question to you all is this. Would the object that was drawn but not encountered yet be burned as though it were "on this space"??

In Talisman you always encounter the cards on the space, not cards floating in the air or waiting in a limbo between worlds.

When instructed to draw 2 cards like in your example, you check for cards already faceup on the space and draw only enough cards to bring the total number of cards on the space to 2. Then you encounter all of the cards, which are not trapped in the twilight zone between life and death but are actually ON the space, even though you probably don't have placed them there but are holding them in your hands. If the first card says to burn or discard other cards on the space, you burn/discard the other card you didn't encounter, because it's actually on the space.

In Talisman you always encounter the cards on the space, not cards floating in the air or waiting in a limbo between worlds.

When instructed to draw 2 cards like in your example, you check for cards already faceup on the space and draw only enough cards to bring the total number of cards on the space to 2. Then you encounter all of the cards, which are not trapped in the twilight zone between life and death but are actually ON the space, even though you probably don't have placed them there but are holding them in your hands. If the first card says to burn or discard other cards on the space, you burn/discard the other card you didn't encounter, because it's actually on the space.

Yes, and this is one of those things that the Digital Edition doesn't do. I think some people got the "floating in space" idea from the DE, which is unfortunately wrong.

It'll become apparent when the DE gets to specific cards like Wasteland from the Firelands expansion, etc.

Thank you much for the insight!