Just ordered!

By Dexter1258, in Warhammer: Diskwars

Have always been interested in warhammer but do not have the time to devote to the actual minis game. Based on all the positive response and reviews I decided to pick it up. Plus the fact that it's a ff game I figured I can't go wrong...

You can't. This is an awesome game. Especially if you are missing your old mini's games.

I'm in the same spot. too little time for the grand hobby of miniatures wargaming. this game is a perfect fit for me. I've been giving FFG a lot of free advertising on this one.

How difficult are the rules to understand for this? I was hoping to introduce my 8 year old to this and also use this as an introductory to strategy tabletop games. Do the disk/pogs take away or reduce the immersion that you have in visualizing whats going on the table in front if you?

You made the right choice friend and now you won't have enough time to post since you'll always play :D

It's an amazing game with an amazing and intuitive ruleset. It's easy to learn but hard to master but the way to mastery is filled with pure fun and awesome times!

Now go unpunch those disks and start flipping!

The hardest part about understanding the rules is the way FFG writes their rule books. I've always hated their rule books and if you ever need to find a rule mid game it can be quite difficult to find the right rule. But if you ever need a rule cleared up you can ask on the forums and some body will be able to help you out.

Have always been interested in warhammer but do not have the time to devote to the actual minis game. Based on all the positive response and reviews I decided to pick it up. Plus the fact that it's a ff game I figured I can't go wrong...

It will depend a lot on your son. I don't know a lot of 8 year olds, so it's hard for me to say if an average 8 year old could learn it. Though I suspect that they could. The difficulty is in mastering the game, which is hard even for an adult. Though, once you know the rules, you could probably simplify some things if he's having trouble and you could also handicap the game in some way to give him a fair shot at winning. Good luck. I can't wait to get my son into gaming. Though, he's 3 months right now, so I have a bit of a wait ahead of me yet. ;)

From my own experience, I can't really agree with ClayNation about the rule book... Let me rephrase. I know a lot of people have posted about having trouble with it. I can also say that I read it twice before playing, felt like I had a good grasp on things, but still had question mid game a few times. Finding the answers in the book took me no longer than I generally expect it too for most complex table top games like this, and it was much quicker than trying to find rules in a real mini's game, like Warhammer Fantasy Battles, so it didn't upset me at all.

That said, if you do have problems, there are some good resources out there. BGG has several threads in it's forums regarding various rules, look for Bright Wizard's (Ronaldo on BGG) posts that guy is a Diskwars genius. He posts here as well. They also have some cheat sheets in the BGG files section that can help, though I haven't used any of them myself. Also Sniper Troll has an awesome blog that goes over a lot of things, but some very good posts on some of the basics. That said, it's a fairly new blog, so not everything is covered.

Anyway, I hope this helps. It's an awesome game. Just needs more Tomb Kings. ;)

...And yes. I put Tomb Kings in a lot of posts, in the hopes that the guys at FFG will see it and make my favorite army.

I'm not holding my breath though.

:rolleyes: