Superior Armour

By Steve (of the Red Fez), in WFRP House Rules

Hey, folks. I just thought I'd share the superior armour rules we've been using in my game. It's pretty simple. When a character purchases superior armour it reduces the encumbrance of the armour by 1/3 and the player gets to choose one perk from this list to customize the armour:

Blackened: This modification gives the character +1 fortune die to stealth tests against visual detection
Well-Oiled: This modification gives the character +1 fortune die to stealth tests against audio detection
Beautiful: Wearing this armour will impart +1 fortune die on all Fellowship tests that might impress of charm someone.
Built in Gorget: This armour comes with a gorget to protect your neck (as per the advanced armour rules). This does not increase the encumbrance of the armour, but it does increase the cost by 15 silver.
Built in Pauldrons: This armour comes complete with pauldrons to protect your shoulders (as per the advanced armour rules). This does not increase the encumbrance of the armour, but it does increase the cost by 10 silver. These pauldrons will still inflict 1 misfortune die to all visual-based observation tests.
Built in Breastplate: This armour comes with a breastplate to protect your chest (as per the advanced armour rules). This does not increase the encumbrance of the armour, but it does increase the cost by 1 gold.
Perfectly Tailored: This armour fits perfectly. As a result, the encumbrance of this armour is decreased to 1/2 the normal amount (for example, a chain coat would go from 6 encumbrance to 3).
Armored Bracers: Heavy metal bracers are built into the forearms of this armour, permitting the wearer to use the Block action even when unarmed

Let me know if you can think of more perks to add to this list (there's also a beta "flaws" list for poor or damaged armour, but I haven't needed to develop it yet).
Oh, I almost forgot! We have an "Advanced Armour Rules" system to spice up the game! It's pretty simple. It offers the player the chance to buy specific pieces of armour to increase their protection against certain criticals, but the encumbrance really starts to stack up. Here are the rules:
When a character suffers a critical wound to a location in which they are wearing one of these pieces of armour, the critical is converted back into a normal wound and that armour is "damaged". That means it is unusable until repaired. Another critical to the "damaged" armour will destroy it.
If you suffer one of the rare severe criticals (from Omens of War ), the armor will convert it into a normal wound and be destroyed .
A list of all the criticals the armor protects you from is included and small armor cards are being made to make it easy to reference. "Prevents" are the normal criticals. "Wards against" are the severe criticals.
AdvancedArmourList.jpg
For full disclosure, I've modified the combat system a bit as well as the basic armour stats. it doesn't apply to the above rules so I won't bother adding it here, but it might come up if you've got any questions about the above rules.
--Steve--
Edited by Steve (of the Red Fez)