Store Championship Results

By Rakky Wistol, in X-Wing

Yup, the Store Championship at GameKastle in Santa Clara, CA on 4/19 is a real thing and may be the last official Store Championship. Should be well attended as GameKastler's spread out and took Championships at other stores and we expect others to come to do the same thing. Should be exciting!

And my wife ended up winning that one:

*Game Kastle, Santa Clara, CA: Apr 19 - (30 Players) Rebel

Chewbacca + Expert Handling + Gunner + Millennium Falcon, Blue Squadron Pilot + Heavy Laser Cannon, Rookie Pilot

2nd place was: Wedge, Dutch + Ion, Blue, Rookie

3rd place was: 2x Bounty Hunter + RecSpec + Seismic, OGP + Vader

4th place was: Luke+PtL, Garven, 2xRookie (and an R2 astromech in there, somewhere, I think)

Huge turnout, really great. But due to the turnout and the limited time slot, we had to run 4 shorter rounds, and top 4 were determined by SoS.

I know it's all random, but it still kinda feels like ya got jobbed when it comes down to SoS

Well, two of us were down to play a top-4, second and third place finishers. The turnout warranted a cut to a Top 4 single elimination, but the other participants had time constraints. It would've been a bummer, luckily the second place finisher can't attend the regional and the third place finisher already has a bye.

Would've been nice to have those final two elimination rounds, good pressure practice for regionals because every single person at this Store Championship was an able pilot, 4-0 to 0-4!

If I remember correctly, only 1st and 2nd were 4-0. 3rd and 4th were 3-1.

A complete log jam at 3-1! Was watching SprollyG do the scoring. There were so many good players with that record (DarthDave, SprollyG, among others) a Top 8 would've been tough and none of the "Top 4" would be guaranteed to make the final table!

If you were watching the results get tallied, I wonder if you saw any modified wins or draws get reported. I don't remember hearing of any. A 30 player field over four rounds with no modified wins would perhaps suggest they went a little too far with the tweak to 12 squad points for a match win.

If you were watching the results get tallied, I wonder if you saw any modified wins or draws get reported. I don't remember hearing of any. A 30 player field over four rounds with no modified wins would perhaps suggest they went a little too far with the tweak to 12 squad points for a match win.

There were several if I remember correctly. I know there was even one TIE (hahaha) where two people had the same points value of A-Wings on the board when time was called.

Rakky, minor update from Magnus Grendel via PM: The Preston, UK, Harlequins - 22nd march winning squad had Swarm Tactics on Howlrunner, so it should read:

Firespray-31 (Bounty Hunter), Tie Fighter (Howlrunner w/stealth + swarm tactics), TIE Interceptors x 2 (Sabers)

edited front post... maybe will get around to the whole thing but linked to the google doc at least.

I'm transitioning into using an Excel spreadsheet now, since its getting quite complicated with all the new functionality I added. I'll provide the link once I upload it, but for now, the GoogleDoc is still accurate.

I'll use the same spreadsheet for the Regionals results as the Store Championship results, the data will just be on different tabs.

I won the Store Championship at D20 Games in Alameda on 3/30 (I think). I flew:

Chewbacca + EH + IntelA + Gunner

Blue + AdvS x2

Edited by Jeff Wilder

I won the Store Championship at D20 Games in Alameda on 3/30 (I think). I flew:

Chewbacca + EH + IntelA + Gunner

Blue + AdvS x2

nice. intel agent is an interesting call. it obviously worked for u. conventional wisdom would say falcon title is an auto include for that one point or just stay at 99pts for initiative?