Store Championship Results

By Rakky Wistol, in X-Wing

The final NYC-based store championship was this past weekend:

*The Compleat Strategist, New York, NY: March 23 - (8) Rebel

Biggs, Rookie, Dagger + Adv Sensors x2 [bWD]

Great, keep them coming. I'll update tonight after work.

You have 4 plus games in Nebraska up twice

Results for sat 22nd @ Pandemonium games in Cambridge MA

There were 18 total participants, with and even split of 9 Imperial and 9 Rebel (scum).

There were four rounds of swiss with no final bracket. Top four as follows :

1) BH w/ mini swarm 4-0 (did not play him directly, but I believe it was BH, Howl with Determination and Academy x 4)

2) BH w/ HLC and Recon Spec, Soontir Fel w/ PtL, and Turr Phennir w/ VI 3-1 (this is me)

3) Han w/ Marksman Gunner and Merc Co-pilot, Blue Squad x 2 3-1

4) Dutch w/ Ion, Garvin and Red squad x 2 3-1

It was a little disappointing that there was no final bracket as me and 3rd were tied on wins and strength of schedule (I came out ahead on points destroyed) with 4th 2 points back. As well as the fact that out of the top four only 1 and 3 played one another.

I just put up the full 18 lists for the Pandemonium tourney in Battle Reports: http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/102182-pandemonium-cambridge-ma-store-championship-22-march/

Actually, the 1st place player beat both the 3rd and 4th. 2nd–5th were tied on Match Points, 2nd–3rd tied on SoS. Tight field, any of the top 5 or 6 could have won the day.

Corrections to the above list: 4) a mirror miniswarm to 1st (w/o Determination), 5) was Garven, Dutch, Rookies.

Edited by RedWilde

Oh, my bad. I thought the other rebel list was in 4th. Should have seen the other post!

Two store championship wins in South Florida

The Rock 3/16 and Cool Stuff Games Hollywood 3/22

Howlrunner (Swarm Tactics)

Black Squadron x2 with (Draw Their Fire)

Academy Ties x4

Edited by galonso

Oh, my bad. I thought the other rebel list was in 4th. Should have seen the other post!

I was typing up that post while you were typing yours! But really 2nd-5th were fully tied, the SoS is a technical, not a meaningful tie-breaker. Everyone was doing full blow out wins all day!

Edited by RedWilde

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but

I won at Comic Fusion (Flemington, NJ) yesterday (22nd) and Golden Eagle Games (Reading, PA) on the 15th

Cant remember the PA lists sorry long long week but all rebels, it was a mix of A,B,X,Ys & Hwks

For Comic Fusion:

1st: 3 B-Wings (Blue Squadron & Advanced Sensors) Roark (w/Ion Turret) 99 pts

2nd: 2 X-Wings (Rookies) 2 B-Wings (Blues w/ HLC)

3rd: 2 X-Wings (Red Squadrons) 2 B-Wings (Dagger Squadron)

4th: Captain Jonus, (seismic charge, shield upgrade, concussion missiles), Kraissis (w/HLC, shield upgrade), and Backstabber (Stealth Device) maybe something else but cant remember.

sorry for spelling its late.

happy hunting!

I'm assuming you ran the same BBBH squad at both stores? Got rough attendance numbers?

Sorry Major it was late

yup same list for both,

and for Reading, PA it was 4 players

and for Flemington, NJ we had 11 players

I won the Store Championship at Highlander Comics & Games in Boonton NJ back on March 15th. Sadly, there were only 2 people (including me!). I couldn't make the Flemington or Berlin NJ ones, or any of the three NYC tournaments, all due to schedule conflicts, and they all seem to have had much better turnouts.

My squad was 3 TIE Bombers (2x Scimitar Squadron and Capt Jonus) and 1 Lambda Shuttle (Colonel Jendon).

Edited by Gundabad

I won the Store Championship at Highlander Comics & Games in Boonton NJ back on March 15th. Sadly, there were only 2 people (including me!). I couldn't make the Flemington or Berlin NJ ones, or any of the three NYC tournaments, all due to schedule conflicts, and they all seem to have had much better turnouts.

My squad was 3 TIE Bombers (2x Scimitar Squadron and Capt Jonus) and 1 Lambda Shuttle (Colonel Jendon).

Definitely come join us in NYC if you ever get the chance - there are regular monthly tournaments at Twenty Sided Store that consistently get good attendance and, more importantly, the player base here is fantastic (healthy competitiveness with a fly casual approach). I had hoped to make some of the NJ events but with three back to back in NYC it just didn't happen.

Edited by GlobeTrotting

Preston, UK, Harlequins - 22nd march.

~20 attendees, though some dropped out and there were 16 finishers.

The final four were:

Imperial - Firespray-31 (Bounty Hunter), Tie Fighter (Howlrunner w/stealth), TIE Interceptors x 2 (Sabers) - Event Winner

Do you know if there were any other upgrades? That's only 96 points, and doesn't look like an initiative bid would make any sense.

While it wasn't an FFG sanctioned event we did run it by all of the FFG rules including time, strength of schedule, and no aces.

Gamerz, Greenwood Indiana 03.23.2014

8 People 3 round swiss

First (me)

Captain Yorr, Vader, Engine Upgrade

Winged Gundark

Backstabber

Mauler Mithel VI

Howlrunner VI

99 Points

Second

Rookie Pilot

Red Squadron Pilot

Biggs

Wedge with Swarm Tactics

Cool squad and congrats - I'm surprised you didn't upgrade Winged Gundark for Dark Curse and make it an even 100 points!

You have 4 plus games in Nebraska up twice

Thanks, going to have to track that down again.... I have the same squad listed, the same attendance, but one is in Blair and one is in Omaha, and different dates. It looks like it was the same person winning two different days. But the headcount is the same. :blink:

Results for sat 22nd @ Pandemonium games in Cambridge MA

There were 18 total participants, with and even split of 9 Imperial and 9 Rebel (scum).

There were four rounds of swiss with no final bracket. Top four as follows :

1) BH w/ mini swarm 4-0 (did not play him directly, but I believe it was BH, Howl with Determination and Academy x 4)

2) BH w/ HLC and Recon Spec, Soontir Fel w/ PtL, and Turr Phennir w/ VI 3-1 (this is me)

3) Han w/ Marksman Gunner and Merc Co-pilot, Blue Squad x 2 3-1

4) Dutch w/ Ion, Garvin and Red squad x 2 3-1

It was a little disappointing that there was no final bracket as me and 3rd were tied on wins and strength of schedule (I came out ahead on points destroyed) with 4th 2 points back. As well as the fact that out of the top four only 1 and 3 played one another.

I just put up the full 18 lists for the Pandemonium tourney in Battle Reports: http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/102182-pandemonium-cambridge-ma-store-championship-22-march/

Actually, the 1st place player beat both the 3rd and 4th. 2nd–5th were tied on Match Points, 2nd–3rd tied on SoS. Tight field, any of the top 5 or 6 could have won the day.

Corrections to the above list: 4) a mirror miniswarm to 1st (w/o Determination), 5) was Garven, Dutch, Rookies.

Thanks, I already had this, but good for confirmation. That totally needed a Top 4 elimination round though!

One of these days I'll crash that party. One of these days.... :)

Two store championship wins in South Florida

The Rock 3/16 and Cool Stuff Games Hollywood 3/22

Howlrunner (Swarm Tactics)

Black Squadron x2 with (Draw Their Fire)

Academy Ties x4

You won both? Nice. I assume those are both in Hollywood, Florida? And got an approximate headcount?

Well that's a new record! Ha ha. Did you at least play best of 3 or something?

Also, what upgrades / missiles / etc did you have?

Edit: until you reply I'll just assume 4 points on the Lambda for Engine Upgrade, and the rest of the points on the 3 Bombers, for an even 100 points.

Edited by MajorJuggler
The Empire Strikes Back! The Imperials have closed the gap...

Rebels 54

Empire 47

Sithborg pointed out in another thread that it's not fair to put the HWK-290 and Lambda in the same "tiers" as the other ships based on the same percentage points, since they are support ships and are basically only supposed to get used once per squad. So now I'll report the raw number, but for ranking purposes I'll multiply it by 3x. Obviously this doesn't add up to 100%, but its a relative ranking anyway.

Of course, you know what that means.... a bunch of Sable Gryphon converts are going to win a bunch of Championships with nothing but Buzzsaw Shuttles, and completely mess up this method too... ;)

The line is becoming slightly more blurred between the Bottom Tier and Middle Tier.

Top Tier

TIE Fighter 24.81%

X-wing 18.82%

B-wing 16.86%

Firespray 10.92%

YT-1300 8.72%

Middle Tier

HWK-290 2.40% (x3 = 7.21%)

Lambda Shuttle 2.22% (x3 = 6.65%)

Y-wing 4.99%

TIE Interceptor 4.63%

Bottom Tier

TIE Bomber 3.08%

A-wing 1.83%

TIE Advanced 0.72%

Edited by MajorJuggler

The Empire Strikes Back! The Imperials have closed the gap...

Rebels 54

Empire 47

Sithborg pointed out in another thread that it's not fair to put the HWK-290 and Lambda in the same "tiers" as the other ships based on the same percentage points, since they are support ships and are basically only supposed to get used once per squad. So now I'll report the raw number, but for ranking purposes I'll multiply it by 3x. Obviously this doesn't add up to 100%, but its a relative ranking anyway.

Of course, you know what that means.... a bunch of Sable Gryphon converts are going to win a bunch of Championships with nothing but Buzzsaw Shuttles, and completely mess up this method too... ;)

The line is becoming slightly more blurred between the Bottom Tier and Middle Tier.

Top Tier

TIE Fighter 24.81%

X-wing 18.82%

B-wing 16.86%

Firespray 10.92%

YT-1300 8.72%

Middle Tier

HWK-290 2.40% (x3 = 7.21%)

Lambda Shuttle 2.22% (x3 = 6.65%)

Y-wing 4.99%

TIE Interceptor 4.63%

Bottom Tier

TIE Bomber 3.08%

A-wing 1.83%

TIE Advanced 0.72%

I'm surprised about the Bomber, but my hunch is that bombers are not used as support ships but tend to make up their own list while every other ship could appear on its own or small numbers in lists.

I won the 22 march store championship at curio cavern in Springfield, VA, 12 players. I ran 2x Daggers w/adv sensors, Biggs, and rookie pilot.

Anyone got info on the March 22nd Store Championship at Gamescape San Rafael, California? I missed this one.

Anyone got info on the March 22nd Store Championship at Gamescape San Rafael, California? I missed this one.

Not yet. I only have info on the March 15th Gamescape in San Fran.

I'm surprised about the Bomber, but my hunch is that bombers are not used as support ships but tend to make up their own list while every other ship could appear on its own or small numbers in lists.

I think there is a fairly simple explanation; ordnance is costly.

I think there is a fairly simple explanation; ordnance is costly.

Can't wait for munitions failsafe :)

Trying to get caught UP!!! So much formatting

I'm updating the googledocs.

Great Escape Games is in your list twice.

Also, the Everett Washington squad adds up to 103 points: Chewie +DTF, Biggs, Jan + Squad Leader + Ion Cannon [odd]

Edits:

• Also, the GameShoppe squad was a mixed 5 rebel squad, not 4.
  • what's up with the "Tournament 1" and "Tournament 2" that both have 3x BH?
  • The Gamescape, SanFran, CA should be 4x Academy Pilots, not 5
  • It looks like the Covenant Store was listed twice, with two different tournaments

should all be fixed

Your Mom's Basement, White Bear Lake, MN

16 players

Winner flew:

Bounty Hunter with gunner and proton bomb

Dark Curse

Night Beast

OGP with Vader and FCS

either you don't know the name, or it's the best name ever... I hope for the latter.

Back to it! I'm through pg.12!