Daemonic

By nitroholic, in Black Crusade

Are there any ways to temporarily or permanently gain the Daemonic trait as a human psyker?

Thanks

The drug D-Dust.

Psychic Power:

Mantle of the Daemon Prince (Tome of Fate P55), lots of nasty painful death dealing power there for a while from a high level power.

Vague use as well, Ecstatic Duplication Gift of the Gods (Core Rulebook P303) allows you to become pink horrors on death.

But D-Dust is probably your best bet.

IMO Psuedo-Daemonhood should give the Daemonic trait, and slightly less of a Fear rating... But that is houserules.

A house ruled Ritual using the Rituals and Curses from the supplement called Tome of Excess. The ritual or curse could be used from a non player character who wants to vex or curse your psyker with the branding of becoming a daemon. You will need to look up the modifiers in the supplement to gain a better understanding of this. The house rule part is making or creating a curse that may not exist but according to your idea may be a good idea to throw at him / her. For example you could keep the daemon trait and apply it to the Psyker after a few rolls for the ritual have been passed. If he becomes a daemon this will obviously open up new story lines for the heretic. One possible one is that now he is a host of a summoned daemon and the daemon wants to control or steal his soul.

One other thing to consider, according to the news the planned Tome of Decay will:

...even bind Daemons within their own bodies to become powerful Possessed champions of Chaos.

Perhaps this will also allow you to gain the Daemonic trait somehow?

Edited by Calgor Grim

One other thing to consider, according to the news the planned Tome of Decay will:

...even bind Daemons within their own bodies to become powerful Possessed champions of Chaos.

Perhaps this will also allow you to gain the Daemonic trait somehow?

They're likely talking about Daemonhosts, and Daemonhosts are not classified as Daemons, afaik.

"Bind daemons within their own bodies" sounds more like the possession rules that the old Dark Heresy books had. You would end up like a possessed Chaos Marine or something, able to let it loose to cause havoc on a battlefield. Sounds more like a conscious choice to allow a daemon to take control for a while and not just forcibly bind it into someone else.

I think it was Radicals Handbook where you could put a daemon in your own body and run a time share like system where you would gain a measure of its power the closer it got to assuming full control knowing that eventually it would become free and rip your mortal body apart from within.

However, we shall soon see.

Edited by Calgor Grim

Just to be a smartass...

Become a Daemon prince.

Just to be a smartass...

Become a Daemon prince.

However that doesn't answer the question, he wanted to remain a "Human Psyker". By then you've somewhat shrugged off all your humanity :)

Just to be a smartass...

Become a Daemon prince.

However that doesn't answer the question, he wanted to remain a "Human Psyker". By then you've somewhat shrugged off all your humanity :)

Well since we're on the topic of smartassery; if you gain the Daemonic Trait, you're not really human anymore, now are you? ;)

Just to be a smartass...

Become a Daemon prince.

Well since we're on the topic of smartassery; if you gain the Daemonic Trait, you're not really human anymore, now are you? ;)

I will up you one. The word 'Daemonic' is constructed by the greek/latin loanword 'daemon' and the adjective-forming suffix -ic, which kind of means "having some characteristics of", implying the human having the daemonic trait would be a human having the characteristics of a daemon.
In other words, you'd not necessarily be considered one just because you had the trait. Of course it somewhat depends on context. Getting it temporarily would still mean you're human. If permanently, and transforming into a daemon prince, I'd say you're more daemon than human.
Edited by BrotharTearer

There's also the question of what we define as "humanity". Biology? State of mind? Personality? And the fact that every ascended is different... :)

I think it's anything represented infernally. Whether it's empyrean and warp driven to other realms of existence for the daemon or hosting spawn. Whether these characteristics are classified as having human traits, they are statistically by far more dangerous and 'tough' then normal humans in game. There toughness is doubled, they usually have high will power and fear like traits that can cause insanity, corruption and fear just from looking at them. There state of mind is has different shades of evil such as lawful evil or chaotic evils of fashioned alignment. They are devious and crafty in their personality and yes they are different which is a pretty cool thing to know if creating daemons is the way to go in your game. I know in mind, I'm just scratching the surface of making daemons to throw at the acolytes in a dark heresy game I'm running.