Quick questions from a new player.

By PunkKnuckles, in New Key Bearers

Hey there. I'm a long time TCG player and KH fan, and just discovered recently that I could combine the two in this wonderful game.

After reading up on the rules, though, I do have one wuick question.

What's up with "Villain" cards? Are they just the evil equivalent of friend cards, or are they somethig entirely different?

Thanks in advance.

if i understand your question correctly then i would have to say it depends. dark/villian cards can be played the same as dark/heartless cards. you can place dark villian cards on your opponets world the same way heartless can be played. i mean if your opponet has 8 levels of worlds then you can drop a hades. as for them being played as friends thats okay as well if its a dark deck. player cards like ansem and dark riku play heartless as friends and if they can get the levels high enough. i mean in order to play level 3 friends you have to have level 2 friends on the field orhigher. so in order to play a villian as a friend then you need to have hearltess/ villian friends whose level is 7 or higher. i hope this makes sense if it doesnt im sorry ill try and make it easier to understand and try and reword tthings. but let me know if it helps.

Also, Villians are an awesome way to stall out your opponent. Under every circumstances, Villians must either be ran from, or defeated in battle (little known fact: Villians CANNOT be bounced or removed by the effects of Hercules or Beast. Keep that in mind), which is a surefire way to berid your opponent from a few of their friend/attack/magic cards they have.

Or, if they run, then it'll get rid of their current friends, a world, 'n a heart point. It can be devistatin sometimes, especially when they're on the brink of winnin. In a dark deck, the villians are surefire way to make your opponent suffer the disability of not playin certain friend cards (no Beast?? No Herc?? No Pan?? No Jack?? Throw that in with no attack 'n magic of any kind can be play'd, 'n try winnin with a deck without them cards!) due to playin them in your friend area, where they're hard to reach. But the key to make the dark deck work is to have a deck that can get your cards up to the level 8 as quickly as possible.

So yeah, in my opinion, I can certainly say that Villians are quite awesome when taken into consideration. Especially at the most crucial moments. Use 'em wisely, 'n they'll take you far, aye?

Alright guys, I think I've got it.

I asked because I planned to make a Dark Riku theme for my first deck, and it wouldn' feel right having Donald and Ariel as his support.

Thanks for the help!