1 Core and EoD and All Expansions Deck issues

By Goknights12, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

I think my DS deck is good to go, but I am having troubles getting my LS deck to 10 OB sets. I know that there have been other topics on this, but it seems as though there is not a whole lot of blast damage with some of those decks.

People seem to agree that it's best to get two sets of the Core and Edge of Darkness. I'm not terribly good myself, so I'm not sure I can advise you on the best way to build a good deck, but I also agree that it's hard to find LS units that have decent blast damage at times. Since you do have all of the Hoth packs, perhaps a Rebel speeder deck?

LS has plenty of blast. Go with vehicles.

People seem to agree that it's best to get two sets of the Core and Edge of Darkness. I'm not terribly good myself, so I'm not sure I can advise you on the best way to build a good deck, but I also agree that it's hard to find LS units that have decent blast damage at times. Since you do have all of the Hoth packs, perhaps a Rebel speeder deck?

I know that it is best to have to, but financially I can't buy two right now... with X-Wing and all HA. Speeder decks are fun, but the issue that I constantly run into with speeder decks is the over all health. They are strong with blast, but up against a star destroyer or AT-AT's they tend to get destroyed quickly, and not able to do as much damage as I need.

LS has plenty of blast. Go with vehicles.

That is great, but I need some control against DS decks. I think I am going to run mostly Smugglers, with Reb splash. I've ran it a couple of times last night, and it seems to give me just enough control, while also some solid defense and good offense.

If you are going Rebel/Smugglers make a Sleuth Scout deck. Lots of blast damage in there. Turn 2 wins are quite easy to pull off. Course that assumes multiple sets. Not sure how effective it would be at 1x

2x Preparation for Battle

2x Hoth Operations

2x Attack Pattern Delta

2x Renegade Squadron Mobilization

2x Prepare for Evacuation

You have a whole lot of speeder synergy, plus shields to keep them alive in Preparation for Battle and Protect (Vehicle) abilities in Prepare for Evacuation. That ought to keep your speeders alive. And the vast majority of your units cost 2 or less, so you should be able to activate Attack Pattern Delta and the Action IV Bulk Transport's reaction to great effect.

But I'm just theory-crafting. I've never tried this deck since I, too, suffer from insufficient funds. Still waiting on my 2nd Edge of Darkness, Balance of the Force, Battle of Hoth, and Assault on Echo Base.

Another option is to go Jedi/Rebel and stick 2x A Hero's Resolve plus A Journey to Dagobah and The Defense of Yavin 4 in there. That gives you more speeders, but you're going to have trouble keeping them alive still.