shaper+viruses?

By shahryar, in Android: Netrunner Deck Building

I was having trouble deciding between doing a shaper or a anarch deck, so I was wondering are there any decent decks that main shaper and splash anarch focusing on things like viruses?

Look up the Katman archetype. Parasite and Datasuckers are amazing cards in the right shaper decks (Kate loves them). I try to run 1-2 parasites in a Kate deck. 3 Datasuckers if I'm running an Atman heavy deck (you'll want other breakers to support Atman in case you run into Swordsman and company).

I tend to run:

3 Datasucker

3 Atman

1 Femme Fatale

1 Corroder

1 Yog.0

1 Parasite

1 Deus X

3 Self-Modifying Code

3 Clone Chip

2-3 Test Run

In that type of deck. The rest is mostly economy and memory to support the ridiculous number of programs installed (this doesn't mean I use all of the programs, though). In most games I only install 2-3 breakers.

Hell I win a ton of my games with 0 or 1 icebreakers over the entire game.

Honestly, you're better off splashing shaper economy into a Noise deck than trying to wrangle true virus power into any of the shapers. The biggest problem with viruses is that they are entirely dependent on the mood the corp is in. Noise is great because his viruses don't even have to work, they just need to be there. I don't like giving corps that much control over my own power, and 10-15 inf just isn't enough to offset the risk.

The best thing you can really do is sprinkle viruses in. Psychologically, its a lot harder to justify the effort it takes for counter removal when there's only a few counters. Its the same way new runners might not attack a PAD campaign right away because of the high trash cost for what seems to be low gain and a tied up server.

I don't have any specific decks, but here are a few ideas to consider: Imp/datasucker is worthwhile in any deck that intends to hit central servers. Parasite can really help bring down run costs, and will tear apart servers if combined with scavenge and test run. If you run a deck with maker's eye, you could swap it out with medium for a similar effect, or combine the two for a much more dramatic effect.

I need to stress again though, if what you really want is viruses, play anarchs and just splash in the shaper.

it wasnt just viruses I saw a lot of cards that might help a shaper deck like cyberfeeder(forgot the the others though)