Pegasus Skill Cards? WTF FFG?

By nwndotcom, in Battlestar Galactica

I just got my Pegasus expansion and noticed all the new skill cards are slightly larger than the originals, meaning:

They are a pain in the rear to shuffle, AND:

Whoever deals out cards will know if someone got an expansion card, thus making sabotage harder.

Are the pegasus skill cards too large for all of you who have it? Or did I just get a misprint?

I have never noticed this.... Then again, I sleeved all my skill cards, and since the sleeves are the same size, all the cards appear the same size. I might add that the sleeves will make your stacks tall and harder to shuffle, but they will also extend the life of your cards indefinitely. I got them a bit late in to owning the game after a few of the cards had begun to peel from sweat and wear. I definitely recommend the yellow- and green-pack sleeves from FFG.

Thank you for the reply. After further inspection, it appears that *every* card that came with this expansion is larger than the same cards from Exodus and the Core game. This is sadly unsettling. I'll look into the sleeves. Thanks.

After much hesitation, last fall I finally sleeved all the crisis cards from all the expansions. The stack is about 4-5 inches high and they slide right off one another onto the table and floor. Had to get myself a small plastic box at the game store (it's a Dragon Shield box) to hold the cards in a vertical stack. Unfortuantely, the extra box does not fit in the BSG box with everything else, so it has to be carried along separately. All the same, I'm glad I did it because even the crisis cards take a beating after a good amount of use, e.g., getting warped and bent by people (and you NEVER want people to see that "that bent crisis card" is the next one!).

Edited by Anacreon

Off topic, but I store my sleeved Crisis Cards in a "deck box" (takes more than one!) and over time it has "compressed" them so the stack is no as tall and also "holds" its shape better.

The only modification made is that I make a separate stack for the "bottom" of the deck - lifting the stack tended to make it spill.