Welcome to the Age of War Forums!

By Pipes, in Age of War

These forums have been created for you to talk about your anticipations and game experiences with Age of War ! Are you prepared to do battle for the unification of Japan?

I am prepared to do battle for the unification of Japan!

I am so pumped to throw some dice around, all I want in my life is more dice, dice with little symbols.

I love big dice and I cannot lie.

I like the look of this. Fast and a great price.

I love Japanese language, history, and culture. I've been thinking of picking up a game set in Feudal Japan because there are quite a few. But there are so many other great games out there. But between the price and play time for this game, I think it will easily earn a place in my collection. It's almost like Phase 10 Dice, only with theme and player interaction.

Interesting...sounds like the main mechanic from Elder Signs...but added on that you can direct attack each others holdings. Also interesting that Reiner gets his name on it when the main mechanic of the game seems to have come from Elder Signs (which to my knowledge is a Launius and Wilson designed game)?

Before the pitchforks come out, I dig the mechanic and this looks cool so this is not a knock at all :)

This is absolutely a "shut up and take my money" game! :) I love the publisher and the designer!

Isn't it a Feudal Japan version of Risk Express ?

Interesting...sounds like the main mechanic from Elder Signs...but added on that you can direct attack each others holdings. Also interesting that Reiner gets his name on it when the main mechanic of the game seems to have come from Elder Signs (which to my knowledge is a Launius and Wilson designed game)?

Before the pitchforks come out, I dig the mechanic and this looks cool so this is not a knock at all :)

Actually, it is that Elder Sign credited the mechanism to Dr. Knizia (for Risk Express) in the 2nd edition rulebook.

This looks great and I'll be getting it ASAP.

I guess no box to roll dice is planned ? (I mean a box like the one we can find with Risk Epxress)

if not, it's a pity because ths was one of the interest for the game and with a theme like this one (Feudal Japan) it could have been a good opportuniy to create a really nice box.

I gotta say, I am really excited about this game. The Japanese theme appeals to me a great deal and the short, uncomplicated gameplay is just what I needed (I long thought of adding something lighter to my more complicated, theme-heavy board games collection, but up until now didn't really find anything that interested me).

Thanks Angus! I did not see that...will check it out tonight!

excited for the game, little bummed there doesnt seem to be much art but hopefully i havent seen everything. Also hope to see many famous Samurai and Ninja such as Yagyu Munenori, Yagyu Jubei, Miayoto Musashi, Hattori Masanari Hanzo, Sasaki Kojiro, Yamamoto Kansuke, Fuma Kotaro ect.

Isn't it a Feudal Japan version of Risk Express ?

Just what I was thinking.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/28086/risk-express

Hmm?!?! Hasbro's Risk Express entry on BGG has been vandalised by over writing AoW details.

Hi there,

from the pictures put online I have already found historical mistakes.

-Kitanosho-jo was not a castle of the Uesugi clan, but the main castle of Shibata Katsuie , an Oda clan vassal, which burned down with him. Kasugayama-jo was the main castle of the Uesugi.

-Kiyosu-jo was the main castle of Oda Nobunaga at the beginning of his campaign and never a Tokogawa castle.

-Inuyama-jo was not a castle of the Tokugawa either.

I hope you have still time to fix this! If you need help with castles, clans and history you can contact me. Please don’t screw this up!

Edited by Nobunaga

can't wait to play

Sooooo looking forward to this game. Knizia and FFG! What's not there t be pumped about! Got my money ready.

narf! look'n forward to it!

I've been waiting for this for a long time now. It never seems to get updated in the FFG Upcoming page. Ugh... Hopefully it lands sometime early September 2014?

Let's hope so!

If you look the videos wth reports from GenCon FFG posted on this very website, you see they had some copies showcased, so, I guess it's not too a long wait now!

I think we'll see it tomorrow!!! 8/27/2014

Roughly about 4 years ago I brought a game called risk express, it's a dice game based on risk. I noticed age of war played similar and decided to compare them. Everything about this game is exactly the same as risk express, only the symbols have changed.